Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VAT ID not verified

Ace Contributor
Polyniki V Member Since: May 1, 2019
1 of 38

Hello, I am new to Upwork.

I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.  I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 38

Hi Polyniki,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your VAT number. Thank you.

Untitled
Janneke S Member Since: Jun 14, 2019
3 of 38

Hello Goran,

I have exactly the same problem. My VAT number has already been verified 3 times on the VIES website. All other info (address etc.) is exactly the same too. But somehow Upwork cannot validate it. 

Can anyone from Upwork take a look at this? 

Thanks a lot,

Janneke

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 38

Hi Janneke,

I'll share your account information with our support team and they'll reach out to you directly to assist you further with adding your VAT number.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Yasmina S Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
5 of 38

Hello Goran,

I have the same problem. My VAT number has already been verified 2 times on the VIES website. All other info is exactly the same. But Upwork cannot validate it. 

Can you (or your colleagues) from Upwork take a look at this? 

Thanks a lot,

Yasmina

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 38

Hi Yasmina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Sophie K Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
7 of 38

Can you also please help me, I have the same problem, a VIES verified VAT number but problems with Upwork. 

8 of 38

Hi Sophie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

Untitled
Kristina Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2019
9 of 38

Hi, Goran!

I am new to Upwork and I have the same problem. I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. 

Can you help me? I have resubmitted VAT nuber a few times and I don't know how what to do to make it valid!

Thank you,

Kristina

10 of 38

Hi Kristina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with seting up your VAT number. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS