🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: VAT ID not verified
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

VAT ID not verified

Hello, I am new to Upwork.

I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.  I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Polyniki,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

159 REPLIES 159

Hello Goran!

I have the same issue. I have a EU VAT. Keeps saying not approved. Please help me.

Hi Daniela Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into issues with using your VAT number on Upwork. Could you please check if the VIES website is able to validate your VAT number?

If so, please add your VAT number in the same exact format that VIES is able to validate it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Goran,

I got the exact same problem.

Have a valid VAT number and can't get verified.

Hi David,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem with a romanian VAT.

Our code ia valid in VIES, but it gets rejected on your platform.

Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrei,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have an Italian vies vat number, I already checked by the link which  upwork provided me in a email that my vies vat number is correct and valid. Can somebody helpme?

Hi Slao,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your VAT number, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am Hazar. I am having the same problem too.
I am new on Upwork, I have a verified VAT number by Vies which Upwork can't verify it and I would likes to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Hi Hazar,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f229c738
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with a Romanian VAT: I received this email: "we could not verify the taxpayer information you submitted.".

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Radu,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey, I am new one here and I was wondering if upwork accepts non freelancers,I have my common Vat id but not a freelance Vat ,and the system doesn't accept my Vat,so I suppose the problem is that I'm not a freelancer right?

Hi Maria,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mdcm18
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem: I also have a valid EU VAT ID, which Upwork does not validate. I hope this can be solved quickly. Can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marloes,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
freqnc
Community Member

I received an email stating "We are reaching out because we could not verify the taxpayer information you submitted."

I have checked that I have entered correct Legal Name of Business and also VAT by verifying through 
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html

What could be the problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kaspar.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
poiu0099
Community Member

I also have the same problem, my VAT number is verfied in all areas but not (yet) by Upwork. 

Please reach out to me, because I have the same problem while adding my VAT ID.

Hi Zsombor,

Could you please confirm if your VAT number is showing as verified in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, could you please help me, I have same issue.
You were not able to verify my TIN.

Hi Dzmitry, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your TIN number verification.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

I've changed Agency address and I see VAT status is not Approved. Please check profile and let me know what need I do to complete settings. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denys,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, I contacted Upwork via the email below and they sorted it out, email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

c4e8
Community Member

Hello Goran,

I have the same issue - accepted on VIES, rejected by Upwork. Could you help me please,

Thanks a lot,

Carlos Rojas

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Carlos.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with verifying your VAT number.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gunpe01
Community Member

I have exactly the same problem. My VAT is verified by the VIES system but according to email from Upwork they are not able to verify the number.. Please advice what to do. Best regards /Peter 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Peter,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket a soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same issue after 3 attempts. My VAT is verified by the VIES system, yet Upwork doesn't seem to recognize it as valid. Please advice on what to do.

Best regards

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christina.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
verwijnen
Community Member

This still continues in 2020 🙂 VAT ID not accepted even though company name is correct and VAT number is correct. Naturally also shows up in the VIES system.

Hi Johannes,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have the same issue - accepted on VIES, rejected by Upwork. Could you help me please,

Best regards,

Carlos Rojas
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mboyd92
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue - is it possible to get some help verifying my VAT number?

Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew, 

Could you please confirm if the VAT number you are entering is verified by the VIES VAT number validation?

~ Avery
Upwork
mboyd92
Community Member

Hello,

Yes I can verify that it is a valid number.

Can this issue be rectified please?

Kind regards
Matthew
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths