🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: VAT ID not verified
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

VAT ID not verified

Hello, I am new to Upwork.

I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.  I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Polyniki,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

159 REPLIES 159

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem, I wrote the VAT number, checked it here http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html

it's OK, but it was declined by Upwork, could you check where is the problem?

With regards,

German

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi German,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan

I can't get my VAT number verified. 
I have verified it on the http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/ website but your system keeps rejecting it.

Can someone help with this please? 

Darren 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Darren.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your VAT number verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have exactly the same problem. The VAT number got declined 3 times. Can you have a look please?

Hi Stavros,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
42c61405
Community Member

I have the same problem, I have tried different formats but none work. My VAT Id is VIES verifiable.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grant,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fbbon
Community Member

Dear Bojan,

I have also the same problem. I submitted my VAT number several time and it got not veriefied. I do have a valid EU-VAT-ID that can be checked on VIES.

Would highly appreciate your help for solving this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Flavia

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Flavia.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
grigiq
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to get my VAT code approved but I received an email stating that the approval was not successful. The VAT code is valid when checked in VIES. Could you please check what is the issue?

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Grigore.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
deaffc8f
Community Member

I've submitted my VAT number twice, both times it got rejected with a "not approved" status without further elaboration (other than email notification). The number and all other information are correct and the number has the right format. Would appreciate some assistance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

My VAT is not approved, according to VIES it's correct (see attachment). Can you help me with this problem.

My VAT-no. is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks in advance,

Bart Simonis

Drukkerij SK cv

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Bart,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 

I have also stumbled upon the same issue. I have got a valid UK registered VAT number and I have attempted to add it twice to Upwork. Once with the GB prefix, and once without, and it was regected both times. 

Can you help me please ? 

Ta

Hi Shiraz,

You can verify the validity of a VAT number by entering it in the VIES database. Let me know if it verifies in the database but not on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Yes, I just tried it again and is successfully validated in VIES. 

Ta

Shiraz 

Hi Shiraz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. Can you also please help me, I have the same problem, my VAT number is VIES verified but Upwork doesn't recognise it. 

Many thanks

Hi Olivia,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I also have the same problem. I have a valid VAT number that has been validated in VIES but still cannot be approved by Upwork. Hope I can be assisted as well. Thanks in advance. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! Same problem. Tried 3-4 times for now. Not validated

I read that I need to provide some files to show Im the business owner, but there is no such input and what kind of documents are needed?

I have an Freelancer and an Agency accounts.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andres, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rownald
Community Member

Hi!
I have the same problem as described above. Checked in VIES and the info is correct. Tried it twice without luck.

-Ronald

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ronald,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as others. I have resubmitted twice and cant seem to resolve this.

Many thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Azarel.

~ Bojan
Upwork
juan_gvr
Community Member

Hi upwork!

I have the same problem, my company is validated by VIES but not by upwork. Could you please help?

Hi Juan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a4aecf52
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem as well. My VAT number was not approved - I think first time because I also typed in the 'HU' before the 8 numbers. Today I changed it to the good version - only the numbers - and I got an e-mail that Upwork cannot verify the VAT number. 

I work here through a company, last week my documents about it and the payment method were validated, the VAT is the VIES validated number of the company.

Please check out my data about this.

Thank you,

Franciska 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Franciska Margit,

~ Bojan
Upwork
simonstb
Community Member

Hi,
I've the same problem as other people in this thread. My VAT verifies without problems on VIES but gets rejected on Upwork.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Simon Stefan,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mvspro
Community Member

Hi upwork!

I have the same problem, the company where I workis validated by VIES but not by upwork. Could you please help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Volodymyr.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aliatef0
Community Member

Hi Bojan!

I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else. My VAT ID is verified on VIES but not on Upwork. Any help would be much appreciated!

Ali

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths