🐈
» Forums » Support » VAT ID not verified
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

VAT ID not verified

Hello, I am new to Upwork.

I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.  I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Polyniki,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

159 REPLIES 159
c97b7a68
Community Member

Hello!

I have the same problem. My VAT number is correct and valid on VIES. I have tried submitting the number in various formats but it has been declined each time. 

Chatbots are useful in many situations, but it has been very difficult to reach an actual support agent, which is what I need to resolve this issue.

I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks in advance! 

Hi Owen,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you!
abiratsis
Community Member

Hello everyone, I have a Dutch VAT number and I am receiving the same email as all the others above

We are reaching out because we could not verify the taxpayer information you submitted.
Please check the information and go here to resubmit.
You will be charged VAT if we are unable to validate your taxpayer information.

Thank you in advance

Hi Ervan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Have the same problem, my VAT ID is correct and legally registered by the german government, but UpWork continously refuse it and delete it. Also address and name are correct as by documentations!

How can I solve that?

Hi Frederico,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I have this same issue. My VAT ID can be easily verified on VIES but Upwork keeps rejecting it. I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks so much,

Marijana

Hi Marijana,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your VAT.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem - VAT is not validated, although in the VIES site gets validated.

pls advise.

tnx,

Mihai

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mihai,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ericwicaksono
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same exact problem. Upwork have been saying that my VAT number could not be validated.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Eric.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Can I please get some help around verifying my VAT number (I know it's valid through VIES)? Thanks!

Hi Marijana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I'm having this same issue with my VAT.  I've verified it and I've updated my information to have my ZZP (sole proprietor) name in addition to my name and it has still been rejected. Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!!

Hi Julie,

Could you please check if your VAT is verified in the VIES database? If your VAT is verified in the VIES database but not on Upwork, let me know and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Yes, I was able to verify it in the VIES system as well.

Kind regards,

Julie

Hi Julie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Could You please help me with my VAT? I have a valide VAT numbers(verified on VIES) but it is rejected all the time.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Youri, 

~ Bojan
Upwork
natalittsa
Community Member

Hi there,

I have an account on Upwork and have tried to submit the Vat number but unfortunately it hasn’t been approved. Why ? What can I do for the vat number to be approved ( I have checked it’s correct)
Best,
Natalia

Hi Natalia,

You can verify the validity of a VAT number by entering it in the VIES database. Let us know if it verifies in the database but not on Upwork.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have it is a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have reached out here about the VAT number having to be re-submit. I received and answer that I need to check on VIES if its valid. I have ! The VAT number is a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. the whole things is taking ages. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

4c2cd134
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same problem here. I've tried to add the initials of my country to the number in case that was the problem and write my full name, but no. I've typed it 4x now and it keeps sending me the email saying it's invalid. I'm from Portugal, I've tested my VAT number and it's working so don't know what to do

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ines.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem. I already tried with and without the country code, same result, I get an email saying that my VAT couldn't be verified. But it can definitely be verified on the ec.europa.eu website.

This is frustrating. You had this problem for so many years and the only solution that seems to work is to reach you here...

Hi Florin,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,
I have a similar problem: a few days ago I got message from upwork to re-submit my taxpayer information as VAT couldn't be verified. When I check my VAT on https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/ it's active.
Can you please help?

Hi Agata,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi. I have the same problem.
My VAT number was declined. All the provided information is correct. The FAQ says that I may need to provide proof of ownership for this business. But I didn't find any way how to submit that info.
Please help me to resolve this.

Hi Andrey,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
malianjum1
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same problem. My VAT ID/ Partita iva is not verified.

Can you please contact me via support ticket

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ivaniuk_svetlana
Community Member

Hello!

I have the same issue. I have tried to submit the VAT number but unfortunately, it hasn’t been approved. It's a valid EU VAT number from the Netherlands that can be verified on VIES.

Hi Svetlana,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here and your email with further assistance in verifying your Tax Information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
55df3f8a
Community Member

Hello!

I'm having the same problem, the VAT ID  I'm having is not accepted. That VAT ID belongs to a small business that I own.

Can anyone help me with  a support ticket ? Thanks.

Hi Doru,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths