Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT ID not verified

Highlighted
Petr Z Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
11 of 123

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem as people in this thread - have valid EU VAT number, verified by VIES, but Upwork does not validate it. Can you please help with this issue?

It is really frustrating that I cannot find any contact for live support in the pages and only way how to posibly resolve an issue is to write here.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Petr

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 123

Thank you for reaching out to us, Petr.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Esther V Member Since: Jan 13, 2020
13 of 123
Hello Goran,

I am new to Upwork and I have the same problem. I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.
Can you help me? I have resubmitted VAT number a few times and I don't know what to do to make it valid!
Highlighted
14 of 123

Hi Esther,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
15 of 123
I have the same problem. My VAT number can be easily verified on VIES but somehow Upwork cannot validate it. I've tried it several times. Please, help me!
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 123

Hi Daniel,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
17 of 123

Thanks for replying, Goran, but unfortunately the issue is not yet solved. I said my number can be verified on the VIES website, so I assume your colleagues or the agent verified it here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html? If you're not sure, can you please make sure they validate it on VIES again, if possible? All the customer agent gave me was one message, which he hasn't replied to as of yet, saying that there is some sort of formatting issue, but I submitted the same number format on the VIES website and VIES validated it! If it's valid on VIES, it MUST be valid on Upwork too, since that's what Upwork says. If Upwork is not validating something VIES is, then the Upwork system itself has a bug and I will not pay additional taxes because of system bugs. If nothing is done to fix this bug, I will have to contact the tax authorities here in my EU country (Portugal) and denounce what Upwork is forcing me to pay unnecessarily. 

Highlighted
18 of 123

Hi Daniel,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mauro G Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
19 of 123

Hello everyone,

i have the same issue; my VAT Number is properly validated on VIES website but Upwork does not validate it.

Could someone help me on this please?
Many thanks

Mauro

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 123

Hi Mauro,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS