Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT ID not verified

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
31 of 123

Hi Anthi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Simon John B Member Since: Aug 27, 2019
32 of 123

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue - accepted on VIES, rejected by Upwork. Could you help me please,

Thanks,

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
33 of 123

Hi Simon,

Of course, our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Suradha P Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
34 of 123

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem. I have a valid VAT ID registered in the UK but the system is not accepting even if I enter the exact VAT format mentioned in the VIES website.

Please, can you help me with this?

Many thanks,

Sura

Highlighted
35 of 123

Hi Suradha,

One of our Customer Support team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Jackie D Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
36 of 123

Hi, 

I have the same problem, my VAT number is not being accepted. Please can support contact me to add it? 

Thanks

Jackie

Highlighted
37 of 123

Hi Jackie,

Could you please confirm if your VAT number is showing as verified in the VIES database? Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
38 of 123
I have the same problem: I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?
Highlighted
Daniela Elizabeth B Member Since: Feb 17, 2020
39 of 123

Hello Goran!

I have the same issue. I have a EU VAT. Keeps saying not approved. Please help me.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
40 of 123

Hi Daniela Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into issues with using your VAT number on Upwork. Could you please check if the VIES website is able to validate your VAT number?

If so, please add your VAT number in the same exact format that VIES is able to validate it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS