Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT ID not verified

Highlighted
Grigore T Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
81 of 123

Hello,

I tried to get my VAT code approved but I received an email stating that the approval was not successful. The VAT code is valid when checked in VIES. Could you please check what is the issue?

Thank you

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
82 of 123

Thank you for reaching out to us, Grigore.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mark V Member Since: Mar 18, 2020
83 of 123

I've submitted my VAT number twice, both times it got rejected with a "not approved" status without further elaboration (other than email notification). The number and all other information are correct and the number has the right format. Would appreciate some assistance.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
84 of 123

Hi Mark,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Bart S Member Since: Mar 24, 2020
85 of 123

Hello,

My VAT is not approved, according to VIES it's correct (see attachment). Can you help me with this problem.

My VAT-no. is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks in advance,

Bart Simonis

Drukkerij SK cv

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
86 of 123

Hi Bart,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Shiraz H Member Since: Apr 21, 2020
87 of 123

Hello, 

I have also stumbled upon the same issue. I have got a valid UK registered VAT number and I have attempted to add it twice to Upwork. Once with the GB prefix, and once without, and it was regected both times. 

Can you help me please ? 

Ta

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
88 of 123

Hi Shiraz,

You can verify the validity of a VAT number by entering it in the VIES database. Let me know if it verifies in the database but not on Upwork. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Shiraz H Member Since: Apr 21, 2020
89 of 123

Hi Goran, 

Yes, I just tried it again and is successfully validated in VIES. 

Ta

Shiraz 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
90 of 123

Hi Shiraz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS