🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » VAT ID of extra-EU clients
Page options
triton_eng
Community Member

VAT ID of extra-EU clients

Hello everybody. From 2022 on, in Greece we need to enter our invoices to the online tax platform using a specific software. VAT ID of clients is mandatory to enter an invoice. 

I have the VAT ID of all my EU clients but for my extra-EU clients i do not. I have several clients from the USA, NZ, AUS etc. But none of them has any VAT ID in the automatic invoice that Upwork makes for me. What is the situation with VAT IDs in extra-EU countries? Do i need to contact each and every client to provide me their VAT ID? Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theodoros,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'm aware of the local tax changes and do understand the concern and apprehension you might be feeling.

Please note that clients are not required to enter a VAT/Tax ID number in order to hire a freelancer on Upwork. The option to add their number is available and if added it will be displayed on your invoices. You can follow up with your clients and discuss this need with them. 

I'd like to invite other freelancers based in Greece to share their experience with acquiring this information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths