» Forums » Freelancers » VAT and CZ
Page options
anosta
Community Member

VAT and CZ

Hello Dear Upwork,

I have the issue with Upwork invoices. 
The situation is the following:

• in order to do freelance in CZ I need to have the trade license "zivnostny list"
  • this trade license give me permission to do Freelance in CZ
  • with this trade license I'm a business person who is paying the taxes
  • after a while I figure out that Upwork has Moss registration without any physical address in EU
  • In CZ me as a business person I'm not able to use Upwork services, as Upwork has a Moss registration and intended only for non-taxable (private) persons. 

• I went to my CZ, and he explained me the following thing: In CZ it'is not possible for the service provider to pay VAT through the MOSS on behalf of the recipient -a taxable person, which would thus avoid registration and the obligation to declare VAT. Although the place of supply is the same. My tax advisor advised me to apply for VAT which is very,very inconvenient for me and it takes a lot of time and money to remain VAT tax books. Also the basic rule of thumb in CZ for applying for VAT: "The basic rule of thumb is that if your turnover is higher than 1.000.000 CZK in 12 consecutive months, you are obligated to register for VAT." My income is definitely less then 1.000.000 CZK.
    I'm desperately searching for the solution and would appreciate your help

1 REPLY 1
76235a46
Community Member

Hello Anna,

my situation is exactly the same as how you described. Did you find a solution by any chance?

Regards,

Elis

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members