🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » VAT cannot be verified French Freelaner
Page options
daa1ec9d
Community Member

VAT cannot be verified French Freelaner

Hello 🙂

Here's my issue: Now that I got my first job on-going, I realised that as a Freelancer if I add my VAT number i'll be exhonerated from the taxes.

The thing is that after entering my VAT number (FRXXXXXXXXXXX) I received an e-mail saying that I Upwork cannot verify the Tax information...

It's my first year as freelancer in France and according to the article 293 B du CGI, the VAT is not applicable... Can you let me know where the issue comes from?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jonathan,

Upwork charges the country-specific Value Added Tax (VAT) to freelancers and agencies in the European Union (EU), unless you provide a valid VAT number. VAT will be assessed on services provided by us, not on services you provide your clients. To learn more about VAT check out this Help Article.

Could you check if your VAT number is verified in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I noticed that the number is not registered in VIES...

I just made the request, it will take around 2 weeks.

Hello,

I finaly received my intra-community VAT number (the same that the one I entered before), but the VAT tax is still displayed in my earnings... 

Hi Jonathan,

Does your VAT number show as verified now in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

My taxes service in France confirmed me the creation of the number, but on VIES it's maked as non valid...

Hi Jonathan,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths