🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: VAT exemption
Page options
b0c98bdf
Community Member

VAT exemption

Hi all,

I am VAT exempt during the first months of my freelance activity, meaning I currently shouldn't charge VAT to my clients. Should this be reflected with something specific on upwork?

And when I am not VAT exempt anymore, how should I charge VAT on upwork? Should I just increase my rate to include the applicable VAT rate in my country? Or is there a specific feature on the website to manage VAT with rates?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ingrid,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

I am exempt from paying VAT in my country, but I just finished my first UpWork job and saw that they charged VAT to my client. Can you please help me with this? I should not be charging VAT to clients and would like to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I'd also like to send the VAT charge back to the client back since the fee is currently pending. How can I set this up?

Best,

Anne

Hi Anne,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members