🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » VAT in Hungary
Page options
a5274868
Community Member

VAT in Hungary

Hi there! I live in Hungary and I have a VAT number (10 digits), but every single person get this number here. If I would make a company, I could get a VAT number that consists of 8 digits (or 11), I guess this is what I should type on the webpage when you ask for my VAT number. Now the question is, what I have to do with taxes now? How can I pay taxes? Is that possible if Upwork charge my taxes so then the money that I got is tax-free? Can you link me a webpage where I can read about the steps that I have to make to avoid any kind of problems? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket for your concern. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Benjamin V wrote:

Hi there! I live in Hungary and I have a VAT number (10 digits), but every single person get this number here. If I would make a company, I could get a VAT number that consists of 8 digits (or 11), I guess this is what I should type on the webpage when you ask for my VAT number. Now the question is, what I have to do with taxes now? How can I pay taxes? Is that possible if Upwork charge my taxes so then the money that I got is tax-free? Can you link me a webpage where I can read about the steps that I have to make to avoid any kind of problems? Thanks in advance!

No, Upwork doesn't pay your taxes for you. Can you not Google "how to pay taxes in my country" and find out information that way?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members