🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » VAT number not approved
Page options
antia
Community Member

VAT number not approved

I would like to ask why this is happpening. I've checked if my tax number here in Greece is valid and it is valid. Still my vat number is not approved. I am married and that means that my husband and I submit one tax declaration. Do I have to submit my husband's vat number instead of mine?

83 REPLIES 83

Hi Dragos,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your Vat number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your answer ! 

Hi,

I have the same issue as many in this thread:

1) I have a French VAT number, with the format FRXXYYYYYYYY (FR followed by11 characters) as clearly stated here

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/faq.html?locale=en#item_11

2) My VAT number can be verified through the VIES website without any issue (see attached screenshot)

3) I have already tried to submit 3 times the number from my Upwork profile (with or without the FR) and it has been rejected every time.

So now I need you help!

Thank you.

Hi Pascal,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
4b318bf2
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue with my VAT number.

It gets approved by VIES, but it's rejected on Upwork. I tried with "HR" prefix and without it, the result is the same. Name and address in my user profile are matching the one from VIES response.

Hi Marin,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm also having this problem, my VAT details are being rejected and the VAT number is validated by VIES.

The VAT number belongs to my company, the companie's name is set under "Legal Name of Business".

My country is set to Portugal which is the authority issuing my tax certificate.

How can I make my VAT work?

Thank you in advance,

Cristina

Hi Cristina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

I have the same problem for at least a month. My VAT can not be approved. I would like to have some help.

Thank you very much.

Hi Paraskevi,

You can verify the validity of a VAT number by entering it in the VIES database. Let me know if it verifies in the database but not on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I have done it before, and I find myself in the database, and I have tried all the things that you have suggested to the others.

Hi Paraskevi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I have been having the same trouble as all these people throughout the years.
I have tried to enter my VAT number with country prefix and without it, it was not approved either of these times.
And yes, I did check it in the VIES, it is there and it is valid.
Can someone please get back at me with a solution to this problem?
Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iulian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I have been having the same trouble.
My VAT number was not approved. However I did check it in the VIES, it is there and it is valid.
Can someone please get back to me with a solution to this problem?
Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem. VIES says my VAT number is valid, but upwork doesn't accept it. I've tried both ROxxx and just xxx. Both were rejected. Can someone help me see what's wrong?

Thanks

Hi Bogdan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem. My VAT is not approved even though I have checked it with VIES and it is correct. I have already tried to get in touch with someone from support, but unfortunately no answer.

Could you please help me?

Thank you!

Hi Lisa,

We checked this for you and it looks like you were able to add your VAT number. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b1ada7a1
Community Member

Hi I have the same issue, Upwork says my VAT no. has not been approved. I have checked my VAT no. through VIES and it says it is valid, the address also looks good. Not to sure why it hasn't been approved. I have read through the requirements but I can't find anything out of place. Would someone be able to help me out?

Hi Trinh,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
406c18a3
Community Member

Same issue the the VAT from my Agency. Have verified it's valid in VIES, but it was rejected 2 times now. Why does this keep happening?

Hi Luis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cfe92391
Community Member

I'm also having this problem, my VAT details were rejected twice and the VAT number is validated by VIES.

I've tried both, the number itself xxxxxx or ROxxxxxx.

The VAT number belongs to my company, the company's name is set under "Legal Name of Business".

My country is set to Romania which is the authority issuing my tax certificate.

I've tried again, and the status, for now, is Pending Approval. But I doubt it will get approved.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you,

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d6ec33b4
Community Member

Hello! My VAT number hasn't been approved even though it is valid, according to VIES. The VAT number belongs to the company name under "Legal Name of Taxpayer".

Can I receive some assistance, please? Thank you in advance!

Hi Alexandru,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7486de66
Community Member

I am also having this issue. In the UK the format is 'GBxxxxx' with no spaces. I have checked my number in this format here: https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-vat-number/known but the UK are no longer in the EU so it is not able to be validated here: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/#/vat-validation

How can I get my VAT number validated?

Hi Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mircea-tineghe
Community Member

I would also need assistance with the VAT code, I added it in ROxxxxxxxx and without RO format and it was not aproved. As I read this thread I realized I need to submit some paperwork proving it's my company, please let me know what it's the next step. I need the VAT number with ROxxxxxxxx as my accountant requested.

Ps: I verified it in VIES and it's valid.

Thank you very much!

Hi Mircea,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
acd707ef
Community Member

Hello! I have the same issue with my VAT not being approved. I checked the VIES status and my VAT is valid so I do not know exactly what is the issue.

Hi Dragos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like your VAT was rejected due to name mismatch. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradepp, 

I need assistance too in validating my VAT number. I've already checked it on VIES, and it is valid. 

Please advice. 

Thanks 

Hi Gianluca,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Pradeep, I'm having the same issue with the VAT not being approved. I checked that my full name and country are correct but still it keeps getting rejected. How can I fix this?

Hi Jose Francisco,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance on your VAT ID approval.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0da7b931
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem. VIES says my VAT number is valid, but upwork doesn't accept it. I've tried both EExxx and just xxx. Both were rejected. Can someone help me see what's wrong?

Thanks

Hi Frederic,

I checked your account and it looks like the issue was due to a name mismatch.  I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members