Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT number not approved

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
11 of 27

@Marianna S wrote:

Ugh, I have the same problem. I've checked my VAT number and it's correct and should work but it doesn't. Says not approved.

What does it say in the VIES system?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 27

Hi Marianna,

Can you please check your if your VIES number matches the one listed on this website.

Untitled
Marianna S Member Since: Sep 4, 2017
13 of 27

Hi Goran,

It says "Yes, valid VAT number."

I removed the VAT number and added it again and now the status is "Pending approval". But probably won't start working if it didn't work earlier either?

14 of 27

Hi Marianna, 

If you cleared cache and cookies it might get accepted. If your VAT is denied again let me know and one of our team members will assist you with this directly. 

Untitled
15 of 27

I did it and now it's "pending approval" again. Should it be accepted right away?

16 of 27

Hi Marianna,

Yes that is the case not sure what is happening here. I will escalate this to our team so that we can investigate it further. One of our team members will contact you directly.

Untitled
17 of 27

Okay, thank you. I'll wait 

Francesco U Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
18 of 27

Hi all,

I have been having the same problem. Have now tried to put IT (the country code for Italy) in front of the 11-digit number to see if that gets approved, but would really need some help. I keep getting charged VAT when I'm not supposed to (I'm totally exempted here, by the way). Also, I read I cannot claim it back with UpWork... Smiley Sad

Can I please get some help?

Ciao,

Francesco

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
19 of 27

@Francesco U wrote:

Hi all,

I have been having the same problem. Have now tried to put IT (the country code for Italy) in front of the 11-digit number to see if that gets approved, but would really need some help. I keep getting charged VAT when I'm not supposed to (I'm totally exempted here, by the way). Also, I read I cannot claim it back with UpWork... Smiley Sad

Can I please get some help?

Ciao,

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

Have you tried entering it in the VIES system: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=it

It has to verify there to be acceptable. If the VIES system doesn't confirm it, it's not valid or not yet.

Francesco U Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
20 of 27

Hi Joachim and thank you,

Yes, of course I had double checked and it is valid...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS