cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT number not approved

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 27

Hi Francesco,

Your most recent VAT submission is currently pending approval. If it can be validated by VIES, it will be accepted.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Francesco U Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
22 of 27

Thanks, Valeria!

The number has not changed from when it was somehow rejected... I realized now I was being charged while I was not supposed to. The only different thing I have just tried now is to put IT in front of the number (despite the fact the website says I don't need that). Any clue if it will work? To my knowledge my number has always been validated by VIES and yet it got denied on UpWork...

Francesco

Gratian A Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
23 of 27

One year latter and this issue is not fixed. Country code invalidates de VAT number and without country code the VAT number is not approved.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 27

Hi Gratian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your VAT submitting and approving.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
25 of 27
I know what Gratian means. I was turned down by your support on the same matter. A VAT ID always has a country code in front of the number, FE for Germany or EU for Upwork, only with Germany this can't be entered and thus is not displayed on the invoice. For Germany just the number is displayed and not the full VAT ID.
Marlinde v Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
26 of 27

I have the same problem. I have a valid VAT ID but I keep getting the notification "Not approved". Very annoying.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
27 of 27

Hi Marlinde,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS