🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: VAT - only accept 8 digits, but in Denmar...
Page options
ricardoreinholt
Community Member

VAT - only accept 8 digits, but in Denmark the VAT-number is 10 digits

Upwork won't accept my VAT-number, as the system only accept 8 digits. But in Denmark the VAT number contains 10 digits. Everytime I try to edit, I get a decline from a email-bot.

Can someone human please reach out to me, since it's not possible to contact anything else than a bot?

For your note; I think it's very sad, that even tho' Upwork charge 20 percentage on 9 out of 10 jobs, it's not possible to speak with a human being. Back in the oDesk-days it was possible to talk personal to someone 24/7.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andreas, 

I'm sorry to hear you are running into issues with using your VAT number on Upwork. Could you please check if the VIES website is able to validate your VAT number? If so, please add your VAT number in the same exact format that VIES is able to validate it. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello.
The VIES-site is not able to find and/or validate my VAT-number, simple
because the system is does not enable 10-digit numbers. The information on
the info-site on VIES is not correct.

A Danish VAT-number is the same as our Personal Number/Health Care-number
which contains 10 digits.

Best,

Andreas
r_satta
Community Member

Andreas H wrote:

Upwork won't accept my VAT-number, as the system only accept 8 digits. But in Denmark the VAT number contains 10 digits. Everytime I try to edit, I get a decline from a email-bot.

Can someone human please reach out to me, since it's not possible to contact anything else than a bot?

For your note; I think it's very sad, that even tho' Upwork charge 20 percentage on 9 out of 10 jobs, it's not possible to speak with a human being. Back in the oDesk-days it was possible to talk personal to someone 24/7.

Weird, VAT number here in Italy is composed of 11 numbers (and it accepted it pretty quickly), are you perhaps writing DK before your VAT number? If that's the case, you shouldn't.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths