cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT

hanos
Hana G Member Since: Oct 17, 2016
1 of 4

I just loged in and they want me to pay VAT, I just accidentally click yes on whatever it was, so I didn't use my account I just loggin and I want to delete it because I won't use it now or in the nearly future. And for this VAT is it going to charge me or? Sry for my broken English, I just started learning. Pls answer me! 

mrdanielprice
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
2 of 4
Could you be more specific?

In general, everyone is expected to pay VAT on most of the stuff they buy (excluding food, utilities, etc.) and you've been doing it your entire life, probably without ever knowing it (some countries include VAT in the asking price, others exclude it).

As far as I'm aware you can't truly delete your account, only deactivate it. You could, however, anonymise the profile by entering bogus details, a photo and changing your email address to a disposable one.

You won't be charged to just login to your account; chances are you clicked on something like the premium membership or to buy more Connects.

But, as I said earlier, we really need more info.
hanos
Hana G Member Since: Oct 17, 2016
3 of 4

Well, I just went on the site upwork.com and then created my account. When I was verified my e-mail adresse,  immeadiately after that( because I'm from the country where you need to pay VAT)  Ithey were saying that I need to pay VAT, I just clicked continue after picture. So I didnt buy anything, I didnt do anything on the site. Is it going to charge me when I do jobs here or? Again sry for my broken English, but I really want to know what was happend?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Hana,

You can relax as you have yet to create your profile, and were not asked to pay anything on Upwork.

Once you create your profile and if it's accepted, you'll have the option to enter your VAT number on the tax info page. Please note the VAT charge is not related to your earnings which, together with the reversed change in case you do add your VAT number, you'll need to process according to the tax laws in your country. Please read this Help article for more information.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS