cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERIFICATION PROBLEM WITH BANK STATEMENT

Mwaura K Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
1 of 3

Hey guys. I was recently required to verify my account through a video call which went well. Thereafter, I got an email requiring me to attach a scanned copy of my ID card and a bank statement. The ID was verified without a hitch but the bank statement was rejected on grounds that the name does not match that on my profile.

My profile name is Mwaura Kiarie, On the bank statement is it written James Mwaura Kiarie and my ID is equally James Mwaura Kiarie.  If my ID was verified without an issue, then I don't see why my bank statement should be rejected. I have tried changing my name on Upwork to reflect that on my profile but to no avail.  I feel frustrated.  Someone kindly assist me.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Mwaura, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket for this issue. Please know that the team has replied with more information about your verification. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you have further questions so that the team can get back to you and assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Mwaura K Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
3 of 3
Thank you for your timely response. However, I need to change the order of
my names on my account to match the order on my bank statement. That's
where the problem is. Currently, I cannot do so due to a restriction on my
account.

Let me quote from this support link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-Under-Different-Name

"

- You are using a common name variation – We’ll approve recognized name
variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours. If you use
an unrecognized name variation or nickname, we’ll require that you verify
your identity. You’ll then need to edit your Upwork profile to match your
legal name.

"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS