cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO VERIFICATION - STILL not RESOLVED

Jillian Nicole S Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
1 of 16

It's been a month .. maybe longer since I first started inquiring about this issue with getting on the link. I STILL need HELP with getting Video Verifiied in some form or fashion. If you see - I wrote numerous requests for several weeks. I had to pull off of logging into Upwork every day to see if someone replied or something changed because it was getting tedious for it to never be resolved. And I also needed to go do some other freelance work since I was no longer able to apply for work on here. Is there an Upwork phone number or Upwork email someone can send me? I see from past entries in the community that people were able to go another route with the video verification chat .. can someone email me some options: New Link, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.? Is there anyone that can actually help me that works in this department at Upwork? 
I have cleared my cookies and caches .. on several occasions and on every device I own. I have used my iMac (desktop) and MacBook Pro (laptop) repeatedly, everyday for several weeks! I even tried the Video Verification Chat Link through my ipad and iphone. I have tried every browser on the Upwork list, and even made sure my settings on my computer were enabled that was on the list. I have double checked my web camera and audio settings. Thank you to those in the community who sent me Upwork's troubleshoot list and offered advice. However, I still have not been able to click on the link to do the video verification chat. I was told it was going to be escalated - I was also told I would get an email. Yet, I still have NEVER heard from anyone from Upwork. I would say at this point - it has been a month, maybe longer. I enjoyed my first job and would like to continue to do work but I can't apply for any jobs that I am qualified for and have experience in .. because I have not been able to do the video verification. Please someone contact me or point me in the right direction of who to contact so I can this done, so I can get back to applying & working!! Thank you in advance! ~Jillian 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 16

Hi Jillian, 

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with verifying your Upwork account. I checked and can see that the team reached out to you through this support ticket, where they have provided an alternate solution to get you verified. You may access the same ticket thread by going to your email inbox and looking for the email with the subject "Action Required: Please Verify Your Identity." Please reply to the ticket so that the team can assist you further. 

Let me know if you need further assistance with anything!

-Avery
Untitled
Jose F Member Since: Apr 17, 2019
3 of 16
I am having this same issue, it seems like upwork doesnt care. This is the only form of employment that I have and I feel its exteremly unsupportive of UPwork to follow up with us on thia issue, because ita Upwork who is blocking our accounts and its Upwork who doesnt seem to care about fixing this issue, I feel its not fair for Upwork to block our accounts and not even take the time to get this issue fixed.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 16

Hi Jose,

I checked your account and I can confirm that your open ticket has been escalated to the correct team. I've also followed up with the team that's handling your concern and they'll be updating your ticket to assist you directly in completing the video verification step. We thank you for your patience. 

-Joanne
Untitled
5 of 16

Hello Joan,

I am infact not being helped at all, I am actually being threatened now that my account is gonna be closed and my funds are now being frozen, no one is helping me the 2 prior tickets have been closed and no support has been given to me they said they would send me a link where we would have the video call, they never sent the link and they closed the ticket instead. This is really important because this is how I feed my children and it seems UpWork is not helping me resolve thsi issue at all.

these are the closed ticket numbers: Request #25566237 closed by **Edited for Community Guidelines** and Request #25563097 closed by **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I stated on both these tickets that this issue was of great urgency for me to get resovled and these agents just completley ignored me with not even helping me, I even chatted with Customer Support requested for a Supervisor even and they said that could not happen I am very disappointed on how UpWork has been treating me.

I currently have this ticket threatning me that I never did anything to resolve my identity issue when infact I have and have only been ignored by Upwork trying to resolve this : Request #25617291

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 16

Hi Jose,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket regarding your issue. I already followed up with our team handling your case and you can expect an update in a timely manner.

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
7 of 16

Hello Aleksander thats the exact samething they have been telling me but still close the tickets regardless without solving my issue, so I would really hope to get this issue resovled ASAP since this is not fun at all.

8 of 16

Hello Aleksander thats the exact samething they have been telling me but still close the tickets regardless without solving my issue, so I would really hope to get this issue resovled ASAP since this is not fun at all. Just like the ticket that was open for this issue UPWork has closed it aswell so I am not sure waht Upwork is playing at this momen

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
9 of 16

Hi Jose,

We're sorry about your experience. We followed up with the team and found that you were able to complete the verification. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Paul M Member Since: May 22, 2019
10 of 16

Hello Upwork folks. I am having this same issue. I have reached out several times, but each time I get a link that just takes me to the basic support page (even though "action=verify-profiled" is in the URL).

Please, can a moderator help me here, because e-mailing doesn't seems to help. The money I earned has been frozen so I can't access all of it (I can access some of it for some reason). I will need to withdraw this soon, so please help me do a video verification soon!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS