🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: VIES VAT number not approved by Upwork
Page options
amannari
Community Member

VIES VAT number not approved by Upwork

Hi,

I have an Italian VAT number but when I upload it on Upwork the result is “Not approved”.

I asked my business consultant if my VAT number is or not a VIES VAT number. Yes it is.

I verified it on the page http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=en

I enter my VAT number in both the fields VAT Number.

I enter Italy in “Member State” and “Requester Member State”

The result is Yes, valid VAT number.

I don’t understand why Upwork doesn’t approve my VAT number

13 REPLIES 13
amannari
Community Member

Maybe it's better the "New at Upwork". I post this there

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have exactly the same problem of Andrea M: my VIES number is not recognized and is an italian's one too. 

What can I do to get my problem solved ?

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I have the same problem. I have a danish one-man company, with a 8-digit VAT number (CVR). It is verified by the page http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=en

The page says it is valid. However, on Upwork, I get "Not Approved".

Thanks

Gabor

Hi Gabor,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Your problem has been solved or they are still making VIES website excuse?

1daf6fdd
Community Member

Hi Could you please help me how to solve this issue.

I have an account from Italy and my VAT is verified by their local goverment website "agenzia delle entrate" while Upwork is still cutting my VAT as they are verifying it on VIES website which dosent show the data. They already have shown that they dont show every country's data but the support is closing the ticket without solving it.

PLease tell me a way so i will get my tax money and submit it otherwise i have to pay it twice.

Thanks in advance

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Regards,

Salman

Hi Salman Ahmed,

I can see that you reached out to our support team with the same concern earlier today and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
slivaniou
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Did you try to include the first two country letters as well?

I believe it's IT for Italy.

Regards.

vierre
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I have exactly the same problem with my Italian VAT number.
How did you solve the problem?

Regards,

Valeria R

1daf6fdd
Community Member

I have the same issue please update if its solved , Do you know if there is any call center number  for Europe?

1daf6fdd
Community Member

This is exactly what happened to me. How to solve it?

Their call center is super rude and**Edited for Community Guidelines** at the same time They dont know anything and dont even wanna make some effort to google it. Please help they are stealing my money and i have to pay it twice . I want my money back.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths