karmastore

Vacation mode?

Hello, sorry for ignorantly posting this but as per I have left everything till the last minute. I am heading to Thailand within the next few days and I would like to know if I can pause or somehow notify potential clients I am on holiday instead of them thinking I am being an ignorant ....

If there is nothing, am I welcome to just add it to the top of my description given I seem to get more offers for interview than I do apply for jobs.

Sound.

3 REPLIES 3

@Jake G wrote:

Hello, sorry for ignorantly posting this but as per I have left everything till the last minute. I am heading to Thailand within the next few days and I would like to know if I can pause or somehow notify potential clients I am on holiday instead of them thinking I am being an ignorant ....

If there is nothing, am I welcome to just add it to the top of my description given I seem to get more offers for interview than I do apply for jobs.

Sound.

What do you mean?  How would your clients be affected if you can continue to work on your projects even when you're in Thailand?

knwlzahid

You've the option to set an out of office option to notfiy your client that you're not available.

"Click the gear icon on the top left of your Upwork Messages screen and select "Out-of-Office Responder" in the drop-down menu. Once on the "Out-of-Office Responder" page, toggle the responder on, and set your away message and the start/end dates."

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067768-Use-Messages. 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jake,

in addition to using the option Kanwal shared, please also change your availability settings by going to your profile. Note that this won't prevent your existing clients from sending you invites, but will exclude them from your responsiveness score.

Untitled