🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: VeVe app Scam Using Apple ID account
Page options
a91ee608
Community Member

VeVe app Scam Using Apple ID account

Hi All,

Recently i applied for a job on Upwrok for iPhone application testing. When i got the interview with the client he asked me below questions:-

1. How old is my Apple id, also aked for the sceenshot.

2. He asked me 6 months history so that he can see that if user ever downloaded VeVe app.

When i showed him the sceenshots then He sent me contract from different Id saying that i don't have balance in my current account. After accepting the contract the client send me details to download VeVe collections App from apple store. He provided me the login details when i logged in,  he also sent me to OTP to verify. After login into account he send me a credit card details to add me into my apple id. I asked him about the address and other things related to that credit card. He said that you can give your address i said i don;t want to give my address then he sent me fake address with fake zip code. he asked me to  but credit in VeVe collection apps using that. He said that it is for Virtual Card testing and these cards don't require address etc. It was a red flag for me. So, i asked him to show me your Company ID, he replied that he is new in the company and waiting for the ID. Then I made an excuse and said we will do this some othertime. After that the account was on hold by Upwork. I recieved the payment as i was tracking the time. But Upwork refunded that payment to client without even telling me. I request all the user and Upwork to kindly look into this and block those scammers whenever someone raise a voice. If at current time i search they are not posting like this "Needs to hire 10 Freelancers

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Fnu,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

If you used the time tracker corretcly for your hours, then Upwork should pay you.

a91ee608
Community Member

After using the time tracker, still there is not surety that you will get paid. if someone used time tracker and after that client account got suspended Upwork will not allow that payment to Developers

bcb72c66
Community Member

The same thing happened to me and I actually added the card to my account and made a purchase to "try " their card afte they told me to try to make another purchase my paypal got charged.After this i asked for the company information and the person didn't want to tell me. 

Happened to me but I removed all my payment methods before proceeding. I added their cards, purchased the gems and then they asked me to buy $200 worth in Apple balance I did it and then I googled and found this forum... (I contacted Apple because I still have their $200 on my account so I don't want any issues with it) it seems I scammed the scammer 🫠

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members