🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Venting
Page options
024684de
Community Member

Venting

The number of scammers on this platform has destroyed the concept. Every single job posted is whats app, skype and telegram.  I’ve had an upwork account a while back and ended up deleting it due to nothing but scammers fishing. I decided to try again today and it’s the same deal just different tactics. What happens when the scamming tactics change? The amount of work they put into it is astounding.  The issue at this point is not seeing the warning signs its finding one a job posting that does not have them.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Jessica,

Please know that it is not allowed to communicate outside the platform before a contract is placed. once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose. You can report any job that seems suspicious using the flagging option. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nosvan
Community Member

I am going to go an extra mile and say that, perhaps, Jessica wasn't all that interested in reaching out "clients" outside of Upwork and, instead, she was rightfully poiting out how ridiculous it is to find an actual job post to bid on when 19/20 job posts out there are obviously fake; a problem that's been out there for months, as far as I know, and Upwork doesn't seem to be as quick to moderate as this forum. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The amount of work they put into it is astounding.

I disagree, I find the scammers incredibly lazy and even using the exact same script, which is usually pretty badly constructed and not really effective in enticing freelancers to fall for their scam. 

If you tell them you will not communicate outside of upwork because it is forbidden, they don't even respond back. They put no effort into convincing you to do it. Just lazy, no effort at all. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths