cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification ID: Did Upwork lose my private data?

amar_aminu
Amar Aminu U Member Since: Nov 29, 2019
11 of 34

how can initiate a chat with an agent ,to request  for video identity verification ?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 34

Hi Amar,

Please refer to the instructions shared with you on your ticket with number 27189612. If you ave any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
13 of 34

Robert James R wrote:This email tells us two things:

1. Upwork lost our data
2. Upwork isn't good at keeping sensitive information.

Or, you know, Upwork randomly generates the verification request and shuts down profiles without bothering to implement a check to see whether you've already been verified. I'd put my money on that one.

View solution in original post

booksist
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
14 of 34

I've had two different people (a CS rep and a mod) confirm that there's a known issue. I wrote about it here and here (and ticket no. 25138228) last week. I wonder when it will be solved because it is becoming really frustrating. I guess too few people are affected, so someone thinks it's not a big deal. Well, it is a big deal. Please do something about it. Thank you.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 34

Hi Valentina,

Robert is not affected by the issue affecting your profile. I'm following up with the team and we'll share an update with you directly as soon as possible.

Untitled
stmaktavish
Andrey B Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
16 of 34

Good day!

I can not confirm my identity using the document. I upload a photo of my passport, and after 30 seconds I get a notification that the identification procedure is unsuccessful.
Most likely this is due to the fact that my old passport (in paper form, such were from the time when people wrote on the rocks Smiley Happy
Tell me please, is it possible to somehow solve this issue?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 34

Hi Andrey,

I would just like to confirm, we're you trying to upload your ID for the Identity verified badge?

~ Joanne
Upwork
abol-fajol
Md Nur A Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
18 of 34

Hi Joanne,

I need your help,

How can i capture the passport page? Both page in a photo or need to capture per photo for different pages?

Waiting for something to hear from you.

Regards.

Nur Amin

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 34

Hi Md Nur,

If you're submitting your documents for the Identity Verification Badge, please do follow up guidelines shared in this help article, and submit required documents providing a valid government-issued ID.
If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
stmaktavish
Andrey B Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
20 of 34

Hi Joanne!

Yes. On the main page, I received a notice that I can get an badge if I confirm my identity with an identity document.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS