Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification email not received

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
91 of 157

Glenn,

I checked with the team and only server IPs 192.237.158.54 and 192.237.158.66 need to be whitelisted by an email service provider in order for Upwork email notifications to go through.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
meaganilsley
Meagan I Member Since: Oct 19, 2017
92 of 157

Having read other people's concerns on this topic, and the dismissive way in which responses are given, I am actually rather concerned. I have not received my verification email either and so I don't get asked stupid questions like I've not already done everything possible...

I have a freelancer account.

I changed my email address upon registering due to a letter missing.

I have requested the verification code be resent 3 times since changing the account.

I have checked my junk/spam mail folder.

I have checked my inbox filters (of which there are none).

I have received a welcome message from Upwork to the correct email address.

I have whitelisted anything coming from @upwork.com and @e.upwork.com.

Please don't ask me if I've done any of these things. They are done - I know the habits of my email provider and how things can disappear. What I want to know is when you're going to send my verification code so that I can get started because this is ridiculous.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
93 of 157

Meagan,

You are unable to verify your email because it's already been used and verified with an account on Upwork. Please, access your original account on Upwork. If you don't remember your password, you can use Forgot my Password link. Please, note that users can only create one freelancer account on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
meaganilsley
94 of 157

I have not previously used this email account on Upwork as this is the first I have heard of the website for freelancing needs. If there is another account on this website it is not mine. If they've used my email account though, then I'll try logging in and seeing if perhaps it's just because I forgot the name.

meaganilsley
95 of 157

Clearly you are incorrect as I just attempted to retrieve the forgotten password and I am still being asked to verify the account. Please provide some alternative solution to this problem as I am certain I have never had an account on this website before.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
96 of 157

Meagan,

We'll have a support agent reach out to you directly and share more details about the original account I'm referring to. They will also assist you with re-gaining access to that account.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
393a2f29
Dakin H Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
97 of 157

I am having this issue too. I have requested to send verification email many times, and it does not come in. I have checked my spam folder. I have double checked the email address and it is correct. I receive other notifications from upwork, but not the verification email. Please help.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
98 of 157

Hi Dakin,

It looks like you were able to verify your email address. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
a_sephton
Anthony S Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
99 of 157

I too am having the same issue. I want to change my email but the verification email wont send to the email address that I want to change to. Please help

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
100 of 157

Hi Anthony,

You can do this by going to Settings > Contact  info, please also check your junk and spam folder if you have received any email there.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS