🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Verification
Page options
kryzldanicaann
Community Member

Verification

Good day! I am new to UpWork and I am still adjusting to how this platform works. So my account will be on hold starting tomorrow (June 4) and I just want to ask if my earnings will be safe while it's on hold. I cannot withdraw because of the 5-day processing time which means my money will be available by June 5. Is there any way I can withdraw my money even without the verification? Our area is under MECQ (Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine) until June 15 so some government offices are closed. I already set an appointment online and it says I can get my ID on the July 1. So, my account will be on hold for a month.

I also have an ongoing contract that ends tomorrow (June 4). I completed the task already but my client hasn't paid me yet. So I'm very worried about the payment because I'm thinking what if the client will pay tomorrow and it will be unsuccessful. I know how much I've worked hard for that one.

I hope you can help me on this one. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kryzl,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kryzl,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths