Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Payment

Highlighted
Kimberly B Member Since: Nov 30, 2018
1 of 3
UpWork Community,

Has anyone been successful in having a client verify payment of a project/job, when the initial job posting did not include verified payment confirmation?

I've seen several interesting job posts that do not have payment verification, so I avoid submitting proposals.

Could some freelancers share their experiences/outcomes with requesting clients to verify payment before starting work projects/jobs?

Thanks,
Kim B.
Community Leader
Sebastian Renato S Member Since: Jul 7, 2017
2 of 3

If you like that job just send your proposal and if they chose you and still not see the payment as verified, ask them to solve this problem before you even accept the offer. It will take just a few minutes for them to prove they have a way to pay you. I had jobs like this and it was all solved pretty quick by them.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 3

@Kimberly B wrote:
UpWork Community,

Has anyone been successful in having a client verify payment of a project/job, when the initial job posting did not include verified payment confirmation?

I've seen several interesting job posts that do not have payment verification, so I avoid submitting proposals.

Could some freelancers share their experiences/outcomes with requesting clients to verify payment before starting work projects/jobs?

Thanks,
Kim B.

You should send proposals to these jobs, if they look to you to be a good fit. If you receive an offer, ask the client to verify payment before you accept it, that takes a mere few seconds. (Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS