🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Verify ID
Page options
tx-pe
Community Member

Verify ID

I went through the verification process and received an email from UpWork stating my ID has been reviewed and accepted on December 14, 2019. 

I went to submit a proposal tonight (January 23, 2020) and I get a message that my ID needs to be verified.  I tried to go through the process again, but it keeps saying my name does not match my ID and I've reached the maximum attempts.  This is the same problem I had back in December. 

How can I get this fixed permanently so I can begin submitting proposals?

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelley, 

Let me go ahead and check this with the team and I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelley, 

It looks like the name you have on your Upwork account does not match the ID you submitted last month. Did you update your name to a variation of your name? 

In the meantime, I have shared this with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tx-pe
Community Member

I tried all kinds of stuff including listing my last name first so it would match my ID. I havent changed anything since it got verified last month.

I'd like to change my name to what it actually is, and tried that tonight, so we shall see.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths