🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Very Suspicious Client
Page options
0c70cae6
Community Member

Very Suspicious Client

Hi, dear friends

I have today recieved an offer, without an interview, and i accepted it seeing that its uzbek langauge virtual assistant, as its my expertise. So, after that he told me that he will send me the money via upwork, and i should deliver it to his Uzbek workers in Uzbekistan, this seemed very suspicious. I agreed as he offered me 100$ commision fee, then he said he sent me a money as bonus but its status next to it is pending so it made me more suspicious. Can you please hedlp me if you know as its weird for the company why they want me to pay for their workers they can do it themselves. One more suspicous thing is he jonied Upwork only yesterday and has only 1 job that was offered to me. His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, be careful.

With regards,

Gulvisar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6bfcdaf8
Community Member

This is a well known scam! Stay away from that person and never send money to a third party. Also report this client to upwork so that they can take an action.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
6bfcdaf8
Community Member

This is a well known scam! Stay away from that person and never send money to a third party. Also report this client to upwork so that they can take an action.

Thanks a lot. Can you please help hot to report it as after accepting an offer there is no option to report and the client deleted the job posting so i cannot flag it as well? Thank beforehand!

Hi Gulvisar,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience. I've escalated the information you shared about the job you're referring to, and the team has already taken action on the client's account for a Terms of Service violation. 

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork. In the future, you can use the flag option on each job post or message anytime you want to report a violation. You can find more information on this page

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members