cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very concerned: No Feedback from contractor despite promise?

m_slandon
Michael L Member Since: May 29, 2014
1 of 8
Here's the problem. I landed my first job with a contractor. This job had '5 star feedback given' in the title and said 'apply for this job if you want an easy 5 star feedback'. So I completed the job. The guy seemed very happy as I completed it faster than I said I would. Now, I don't think he has given me any feedback for the job? It has been over 3 days since I completed it. I haven't given him (the contractor) feedback yet, so is this the problem? Also, the contractor has also offered me another job, that is connected with this one, but looks like a separate job. So surely he can give me the 5-star feedback as promised? I have asked him in a message if he could give me some feedback but that request was mixed with another response about the other job. Please help! Thanks
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 8
First things first.. Was there ever a contract (did you click the "accept offer" button, and does the job show up on your "My Jobs" page? if not, then there was no job and you've been scammed. If yes - did you submit the work to the client, and has he/she paid you anything for it? have you had a notification that the contract has been closed? Feedback is only possible after a contract is closed. If the contract is closed, and you've been paid something, then you'll be able to leave feedback of your own. The client's feedback won't be visible until you've left yours for them. There are clients on here who prey on gullible newbies, and the promise of 5-star feedback is a a warning bell in that regard - you should only expect feedback for a job very well done, and not because of any promise on either side; and you should only give it honestly on the same basis If there is no contract, report the job, then move on a bit wiser...
gareth_esutera
Greten Vicke E Member Since: Nov 27, 2008
3 of 8
"the promise of 5-star feedback is a a warning bell in that regard" THIS! Some other versions include "this job is good for newbies who would like to build feedback in ODesk".
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
4 of 8
The feedback is double-blind, so you won't see anything until (some time after) you provide your own feedback. You appear to have some problems with your terminology. You are the contractor/freelancer/worker; and the guy paying is the client/buyer. It's difficult for me to believe that someone living in the UK would make that sort of mistake; especially a professional journalist. Which leads me nicely onto: Your profile lists your timezone as GMT-3 which would put you somewhere in the longitude of Brazil, if my calculations are correct. Which in turn might explain the The Brasil Observer job in your portfolio; which otherwise seems rather odd. Michael Landon?!
esme-symes-smith
Esme S Member Since: Jan 23, 2014
5 of 8
I have found that feedback is taking longer than expected to show up recently. Maybe it's a bug going around...? I am also skeptical about the OP's identity from looking at his profile. The Sunday Times is not a daily newspaper and, if they simply made a mistake, why would someone who wrote for an acclaimed newspaper such as The Times need to do freelancing? Seems a little dodgy to me.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
6 of 8
I used to work for a magazine with a much larger circulation than the Sunday Times and I freelance. Circumstances change.
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
7 of 8
Firstly, isn't Micheal Landon the guy who played the angel on TV? Secondly, I've never heard heard of a 1.1, I've got a 1, and it's always expressed as a 1 on the basis that there is no 1.2 :-/
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
8 of 8
You're right. There is no 1:1. There is, however, a Michael Landon who wrote about the Tottenham Hotspurs for Goal Magazine in 2010. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/10/19/2173545/tottenham-hotspur-manager-harr... It's possible that our Michael lives in Brazil but has a UK bank account. I think the country on your oDesk profile has to be the country of the bank your oDesk money goes to. That isn't necessarily the country where you live.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS