Ace Contributor
Joshua R Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
11 of 17

It's the glasses. Smiley Wink

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
12 of 17

Just virified my profile. I talked to the support and they sent me a link to the video chat. Nothing special. 2 questions, 2 answers and it is done. Why do you think it is a scam. You are talking to CS who sends you the link. That link is not sent you from google hangouts.

jwrobbs
Ace Contributor
Joshua R Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
13 of 17

I've come to trust my nose. If the milk smells funny, I won't drink it no matter what the date on the side of the box says.

When Upwork says that they want to verify my address / identity and they take me outside of Upwork and don't do anything that actually verifies my address / identify, I have to wonder what's going on.

I don't think it's a scam. But it does smell funny.

And it doesn't have to be done via 3rd party video (with horrible audio). I was able to verify by sending them a copy of a photo ID.

burleson-ian
Ian B Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
14 of 17

Hello, I just had the same thing happen to me and I just finished the chat. How will i know when my account is verified to apply for jobs again? The only email I have as of now is the transcript of the video call and them thanking me for contacting them...

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
15 of 17

Hi Ian,

Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results, thank you.

Untitled
burleson-ian
Ian B Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
16 of 17
Ok thanks. Upwork is awesome!
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 17

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry you didn't feel like the process of profile verification was trustworthy. I'll share your feedback with the team. As Preston and others have noted already this is one of several initiatives we at Upwork launched to ensure trust on the platform.

We are using third-party video conference platform for the video chat, just like we use third-party platform for our customer support, skill tests, etc, to make the process more efficient.

I'm sorry it confused you and I hope you'll be able to complete your ID verification soon.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS