🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Video Verification - Humiliating Experien...
Page options
dmitry_drozdov
Community Member

Video Verification - Humiliating Experience

Hello,

I just successfully verified my identity in Upwork via a video call. Unfortunately, I still feel bad about it. Verification agent was nice and professional and I bear no grudge against her at all. The problem was in the process, in the way it is organized.

Here is what troubles me:
1. My account gets restricted and I'm forced to present myself to Upwork in order to ... I guess ultimetely be able to continue to make my living via it.
2. During the call I don't see the agent. To me this is the most humiliating part. You demand to show my face and hide yours. I guess, this is uneversally wrong in every culture on the planet. I don't remember feeling anything similar even while communicating with my government 🙂

Please, verify your identity verification process and make it least seem more respectful to freelancers.

Or maybe I have become too sensitive?

Regards,
Dmitry.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If that was your most humiliating experience on or connected with upwork, you're one lucky guy!

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I guess, this is uneversally wrong in every culture on the planet."

You guessed wrong.

This is no big deal. I personally have gone through the process. I can confirm that there is nothing humiliating about it.

re: "Or maybe I have become too sensitive?"

That is correct.

Dnitry, you need to consider the fact that the personnel conducting the interviews are all very homely, and are too embarrassed to show their faces. Perhaps a handsome guy such as yourself can't relate to their predicament.

petra_r
Community Member

Dmitry D wrote:

Or maybe I have become too sensitive?

Yup 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths