Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
1 of 116

Guys...

If you're going to place accounts on hold for video verification...it's probably a good idea to make sure your CS knows how to go through the process?

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
2 of 116

I just got the same email. And I am still waiting to chat with someone. This isn't making me feel very confident.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 116

Kat and Amy,

It looks like both of you have already completed the verification and your accounts are resumed. Sorry if you ran into any issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
4 of 116

Thanks, Valeria!

It was just a bit frustrating as it interrupted a client communication -- so I was, admittedly, a bit cranky haha!

But, yes, it finally went through.

Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 116

I'll be honest, this really worries me.  I do not typically get email from Upwork so what if they want to do a video verification and I never get the email requesting this?

Imma get suspended Smiley Sad

6 of 116

Christy,

No need to worry. Freelancers don't get suspended because of video verification anymore. Only the ability to send proposals is temporarily limited.

You get emails about support tickets updates, don't you? Please, let me know if you don't receive those to the email address you registered with Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
7 of 116

Well, that's a relief!

The email receipt issue is a little strange.  Bulk mail I never get (the holiday greeting this year, announcements, etc.). I probably get 1/3 of the support ticket responses that I'm expecting, so that's a little better.

However, if I get a direct email from an individual from Upwork, those come through fine.

Ken C Member Since: Jan 17, 2017
8 of 116

I've been alerted that I can't submit proposals without video verification, and yet I can't get anyone to connect with me on chat. I called support, who told me that I need to deal with chat to complete the process.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?? 

9 of 116

Hi Ken,

I see the team followed up with you and offered you a solution. Please, refer to the most recent message in the ticket.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Carolina B Member Since: Feb 27, 2017
10 of 116

Hi Valeria K and hi everyone!

Yesterday, I received a message on video verification (on Upwork), but I never got any email (or ticket) with further instructions. In fact, I never get any emails from Upwork. Anyway, I wanted to know what I'd need for this video chat in order to verify my identity. I have scans of my ID, my degree, work certificates. I don't know if I'll be asked to show scans of tax bills with my name on them, scans of my Payoneer debit card, etc. I mean, I don't want to start the video chat just to find that I don't have certain documents,  that I don't meet the requirements. I don't want to make anyone waste their time.

Kind regards and remain, Smiley Happy

Carolina

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS