🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Video Verification
Page options
era001122
Community Member

Video Verification

I have already complete video verification. So why you want to do again. Please check 2017-12-24 I was completed my video verification.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Year A:

You did video verification in 2017.

It is now 2019.

Upwork may ask you to do video verification again, at any time.

This is normal.

You remember how it wasn't a big deal back in 2017? How it was simple to do?

It is still simple.

Upwork may do re-verification because they are trying to keep their platform as high-quality and as safe and as profitable as possible for YOU.

There are scoundrels out there who are trying to buy and sell profiles, which means there coud be fake or fraudulent freelancers who cause problems for clients, and that means less client satisfaction and less money for us as freelancers.

So by participating in multiple video verifications, you are only making Upwork more profitable for yourself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Year,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Occasionally, we ask Upwork users to take this step as part of our efforts to ensure our site continues to be a secure place for Freelancers and Clients to connect and collaborate. Kindly, follow up on your open ticket where you can find the link to start Video verification in order to remove the temporary hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Year A:

You did video verification in 2017.

It is now 2019.

Upwork may ask you to do video verification again, at any time.

This is normal.

You remember how it wasn't a big deal back in 2017? How it was simple to do?

It is still simple.

Upwork may do re-verification because they are trying to keep their platform as high-quality and as safe and as profitable as possible for YOU.

There are scoundrels out there who are trying to buy and sell profiles, which means there coud be fake or fraudulent freelancers who cause problems for clients, and that means less client satisfaction and less money for us as freelancers.

So by participating in multiple video verifications, you are only making Upwork more profitable for yourself.

"There are scoundrels out there who are trying to buy and sell profiles, which means there coud be fake or fraudulent freelancers who cause problems for clients, and that means less client satisfaction and less money for us as freelancers."

There are also scoundrels out there who buy and sell identities, which means Upwork is asking us to put ourselves at a greater risk for this to occur.    The video conference alone would be sufficient for verification purposes here....but they "need" our very personal info.  We can't get this back once we submit it to them.

I've been around here a long time.  The changes Upwork continues to make are not helpful at all to freelancers.  One of their agents told me that our new requirement of having to purchase connects was helpful to us because that meant that there wouldn't be as much competition when bidding on a project.  That would be like someone who commutes daily saying they appreciate gasoline price increases because fewer people will travel.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members