cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification....

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
111 of 139

Hi Noda,

Our team will follow up with you soon and update you directly regarding your profile status.

Anna K Member Since: Nov 11, 2017
112 of 139

Hey guys!

I'm new to the Upwork, been here for a few months and actually got a job proposal just a few days ago.

Completed a video verification about 3 hours ago and it seems my account is still frozen or something.

Can you please tell me, what's the reason? Do I have to wait up to 48 hours? Smiley Happy

Surely, my work can wait even longer... I've already interrupted it because of all the video verification process.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
113 of 139

Hi Anna,

Our team will update your ticket soon, you can post your questions about the status on your account on your ticket. Since private information are involved we would not be able to discuss them publicly.

Untitled
Dasha A Member Since: Mar 27, 2017
114 of 139
Hi. I passed the video verification about half a year ago. Now my profile suspended again.Can you find out the reason?
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
115 of 139

Hello Dasha,

I just checked your account and I can see that your account isn't suspended. Could you please give us some more details about your concern? Thank you!

Untitled
Shane H Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
116 of 139

This video verification process is shocking. I got my first job, Upwork puts my account on hold then demands video verification. I'm pretty sure that screws my first job. Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!

The stupid question they asked me wasn't a proper question. What is space padding in html? I asked if they meant padding or margins as space padding is not a proper html term. Try looking it up in Google - its not an html command, css command or standardised term. They couldnt answer me and wont tell meif me saying its not a porer html term maeans i pass, fail or what.

I have to wait 24 hours - my first job is probably screwed. If they had emailed me for video verification and needed na answer with 24 to 48 hours or else I'ld be on ghold I could maybe understand that but to screw my acocunt then demand verifcation. That;s just plain dumb, rude, stupid, unprofessional, unhelpful, hurtful, idiotic ....

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
117 of 139

Hi Shane, 

I apologise for the inconvenience the video verification has caused you. Unfortunately, proposals have to be withdrawn when an account is temporarily suspended in order to avoid confusion between the freelancer and potential clients. 

I have noted your feedback regarding the question that was asked during the verification and will share this with the team so that we can improve the process moving forward. 

-Avery
Untitled
Shane H Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
118 of 139

This isn't an inconvenience - it's the antithesis of everything that Upwork is meant to do - you have destroyed a job I was working on for no cause. You are suspending peoples accounts without cause. You are putting crap in the way of people trying to work after they have been through the verifcation process. The first job I get Upwork screws. That's not an inconcenience it is a farcical sabotague of my ability to work in Upwork

Add to that the rude, unhelpful, chat dropping, cut and paste **Edited for Community Guidelines** who claim to be the help desk and it is five hours of my life I'm never getting back.

Saying it is an inconvenience down plays and belittles the pain and difficulty you have put me through and does not even begin to take into account the fact that my first job I'vbe got with Upwork has gone down the **Edited for Community Guidelines** - making my profile less desirable and affecting my ability to work at upwork in the future.

Instead of saying its an incoveneience why doesn't Upwork get of its backside and fix the issue. Thats what a competent, client focused professional organisation would do.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
119 of 139

Hi Shane,

I'm sorry you're frustrated with the request to verify your profile you received recently. I reviewed the notification you received, communication and replies our agents shared on the multiple tickets and and video verification attempts you initiated. While I understand your reluctancy to proceed with verifying your profile, I can confirm our agents shared correct, timely and accurate information in your communication. Note that you need to verify your identity as per the request our team shared in order to lift the hold placed on your account and resume using it.

Please communicate only through the open ticket our team followed up on earlier today and follow the steps they shared in order to resolve the problem as soon as possible and continue using your account.

Also, I'd like to kindly ask you to review our Community Guidelines and avoid using profanity when communicating with our team or when participating in Community discussions.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
120 of 139

@Vladimir,

Can Upwork give me the assurance that when my turn for video verification rolls around  the CS person doing the verification will actually know something about astronomy or automotive diagnostics?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem with silver linings is that they always come with dark clouds attached - RB
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS