Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Video Verification....

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
31 of 116
@Jennifer Thank you 😊

Well...honestly.....that did briefly cross my mind as well LoL.

I asked CS if this was widespread, meaning everyone was eventually going to need to do it on the FL side, and if I recall correctly their answer was affirmative.

I remember reading the thread announcing the policy. But with the work hurricane underway for me, I don't remember if this was an "everybody" situation.

So. Yeah. When I saw the email in between communications with my clients, I was a slightly frustrated. And then complied (three times until the link to the verification person was operable). 🤓
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
32 of 116

Kat C wrote:
@Jennifer Thank you 😊

Well...honestly.....that did briefly cross my mind as well LoL.

I asked CS if this was widespread, meaning everyone was eventually going to need to do it on the FL side, and if I recall correctly their answer was affirmative.


 If it's going to be a platform norm and isn't triggered by a problem, then it seems the appropriate thing to do would be to give a person a week's notice or so to get it taken care of rather than suddenly say "So, you can't submit any more proposals until you drop everything and attend to this thing we never asked you for before."

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
33 of 116

How does this video verification work exactly?

 

If I do not own a laptop computer with a built-in camera, do I really have to go out and buy a webcam?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem with silver linings is that they always come with dark clouds attached - RB
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
34 of 116

Hi Kat and Jennifer,

Video verification is something that's gradually rolling out to more freelancers. Thanks for completing this step.

 

We've also been really impressed with Kat's involvement here in the Community, we just had to make sure she was real. Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
35 of 116

Garnor M wrote:

Hi Kat and Jennifer,

Video verification is something that's gradually rolling out to more freelancers. Thanks for completing this step.

 

We've also been really impressed with Kat's involvement here in the Community, we just had to make sure she was real. Smiley Wink


LOL!

 

Thanks, Garnor.

 

I suppose my self-proclaimed "Vulcan-ism" can raise suspicions.

 

::::raises right eyebrow inquisitively:::::

 

Smiley LOL 

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
36 of 116

Kat C wrote:

Garnor M wrote:

Hi Kat and Jennifer,

Video verification is something that's gradually rolling out to more freelancers. Thanks for completing this step.

 

We've also been really impressed with Kat's involvement here in the Community, we just had to make sure she was real. Smiley Wink


LOL!

 

Thanks, Garnor.

 

I suppose my self-proclaimed "Vulcan-ism" can raise suspicions.

 

::::raises right eyebrow inquisitively:::::

 

Smiley LOL 


 Kat you should have been all like "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
37 of 116

Jennifer D wrote:

Kat C wrote:

Garnor M wrote:

Hi Kat and Jennifer,

Video verification is something that's gradually rolling out to more freelancers. Thanks for completing this step.

 

We've also been really impressed with Kat's involvement here in the Community, we just had to make sure she was real. Smiley Wink


LOL!

 

Thanks, Garnor.

 

I suppose my self-proclaimed "Vulcan-ism" can raise suspicions.

 

::::raises right eyebrow inquisitively:::::

 

Smiley LOL 


 Kat you should have been all like "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"


I was scurrying around to either boot up my laptop or find a webcam that actually worked when I plugged it in to my desktop LOL.

 

And then a client had sent me an invite and I was on the phone with the docs office trying to move my appointment. 

 

I wish there were some magical freelancer powers that automatically placed me in the "do not disturb she's busy helping UPwork make money" category.

 

But, like everyone else, it was my turn for "YOU MUST COMPLY."

 

::::I think I spent too long in theater in high school:::::

 

Active Member
Vikas T Member Since: Dec 5, 2009
38 of 116

Hello Mods,

 

I have been an active member on Upwork since 2009. This morning, I found that I can not submit proposals and then I discussed the same with a support member. He told me to verify my identity. They have given me 2 options, either video or document submissions. I submitted my Govt issued document for the verification and finished the process.

 

Can you please check and let me know when can I resume? I am feeling really helpless at the moment.

 

Please check and let me know.

 

Sincerely yours,

Vikas 

Moderator
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
39 of 116

Hi Vikas,

 

Our team will review the documents you submitted recently and post an update on your main ticket. Please refrain from creating additional tickets in order to avoid unnecessary delays and keep the conversation in one place.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
40 of 116

Vlad (or other moderator), are you able to explain why this process is being rolled out in a way that cripples freelancer's ability to submit proposals without warning rather than in an orderly manner that would allow time to schedule the verification before the ability to submit proposals was frozen?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS