Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification....

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
41 of 116

Hi Tiffany,

We don't want to disrupt your business, particulalry if you're a good freelancer with experience. That said, temporarily stopping the ability to submit new proposals is an action we know will ensure completion of the video verification request. We'll work on improving the process on our end, so the verification can happen more efficiently. 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
42 of 116

Garnor M wrote:

Hi Tiffany,

We don't want to disrupt your business, particulalry if you're a good freelancer with experience. That said, temporarily stopping the ability to submit new proposals is an action we know will ensure completion of the video verification request. We'll work on improving the process on our end, so the verification can happen more efficiently. 

I can understand the need to incentivize compliance, but perhaps a few days of lead time--instead of shutting it down and then asking, saying "schedule by XX to avoid interruption"?

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
43 of 116

As asked before: What does this actually entail? So I have to go out and buy a webcam now?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
44 of 116

Hi Kim,

You can use a webcam or mobile device with a camera to complete verification. If you can't use a camera at all, the team could offer ID verification as an alternative. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
45 of 116

You can use a webcam or mobile device with a camera to complete verification. If you can't use a camera at all, the team could offer ID verification as an alternative. 

As it's "could" offer ID verification, rather than "would" offer it, I assume that means that the team might refuse to do so and therefore the simple answer seems to be "yes" - I have to buy a webcam :-(

46 of 116

Kim,

If you are asked to verify your profile but are unable to use video, please let the team know. They will assist you and offer alternative solutions without you having to buy a web camera if you don't want to.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015
47 of 116

Hi Mam

If i do video verification than i do not need send scan docement and id  ?

for video verification what docemnt i need ?

can i use any simple web cam for this video chat

Thanks

48 of 116

Hi Ali,

I see the team has already gave you a secure link for ID verification and you were able to open it. You can use the link to verify your identity.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015
49 of 116

Hi

Do you mean video verification link ?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
50 of 116

Yes, Ali. You should be able to verify your identity via the video verification link. Please make sure that you have your webcam and mic ready. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS