Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification....

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
61 of 166

Hi Vikas,

Our team will review the documents you submitted recently and post an update on your main ticket. Please refrain from creating additional tickets in order to avoid unnecessary delays and keep the conversation in one place.

Untitled
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
62 of 166

Vlad (or other moderator), are you able to explain why this process is being rolled out in a way that cripples freelancer's ability to submit proposals without warning rather than in an orderly manner that would allow time to schedule the verification before the ability to submit proposals was frozen?

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
63 of 166

Hi Tiffany,

We don't want to disrupt your business, particulalry if you're a good freelancer with experience. That said, temporarily stopping the ability to submit new proposals is an action we know will ensure completion of the video verification request. We'll work on improving the process on our end, so the verification can happen more efficiently. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
64 of 166

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Tiffany,

We don't want to disrupt your business, particulalry if you're a good freelancer with experience. That said, temporarily stopping the ability to submit new proposals is an action we know will ensure completion of the video verification request. We'll work on improving the process on our end, so the verification can happen more efficiently. 

I can understand the need to incentivize compliance, but perhaps a few days of lead time--instead of shutting it down and then asking, saying "schedule by XX to avoid interruption"?

kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
65 of 166

As asked before: What does this actually entail? So I have to go out and buy a webcam now?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
66 of 166

Hi Kim,

You can use a webcam or mobile device with a camera to complete verification. If you can't use a camera at all, the team could offer ID verification as an alternative. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
67 of 166

You can use a webcam or mobile device with a camera to complete verification. If you can't use a camera at all, the team could offer ID verification as an alternative. 

As it's "could" offer ID verification, rather than "would" offer it, I assume that means that the team might refuse to do so and therefore the simple answer seems to be "yes" - I have to buy a webcam 😞

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
68 of 166

Kim,

If you are asked to verify your profile but are unable to use video, please let the team know. They will assist you and offer alternative solutions without you having to buy a web camera if you don't want to.

~ Valeria
Upwork
pixel-tech
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015
69 of 166

Hi Mam

If i do video verification than i do not need send scan docement and id  ?

for video verification what docemnt i need ?

can i use any simple web cam for this video chat

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
70 of 166

Hi Ali,

I see the team has already gave you a secure link for ID verification and you were able to open it. You can use the link to verify your identity.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS