cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification....

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
71 of 116

Maria : the video verification is not an English test. They asked me my name and my address. I don't think you will have any problem answering their questions.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
72 of 116

Thanks Preston, this reassures me.

I did not think it was an English test but, if you ask me a couple of questions, beyond my name and my address, I will look so stupid that you will not recognize me Smiley Happy

Charu B Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
73 of 116

hey. finally sm1 who got the verification process finished.

i m still struggling since one week... Woman Mad

JChris H Member Since: Apr 20, 2010
74 of 116

I have received one of these pesky verification requests with instructions to click through green button at foot of Help Centre page. Unfortunately, the green button does nothing on click. Nothing, zip, nada.

I have already informed HC of this and received another message telling me where to find the green button. I can see it. I just can't use it.

As I've been with Upwork for years now, since Odesk days, and I have had a verification phone call in the past, I'd say this is a bit of overkill but I don't mind doing it. I am just frustrated that I cannot get it done and out the way.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
75 of 116

Hi JChris,

It looks like you were able to access chat by clicking on the button. An agent will assist you as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Junaid I Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
76 of 116

Hello Valeria K

I got the email for video verification. I can't speak English  but I can write very well. Is there is option to verify via video and do live chat during video call.

OR

Is there an option for video verification in some other languages like my mother lanugage is Punjabi.

I am first time writing in community not sure, I am writing in right place.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,

Junaid

77 of 116

Hi Junaid,

An agent will ask you a couple of very simple questions to verify information on your profile and it will only take a few minutes. If you still have concerns about communicating with the team, you can inform them by replying to the notification they sent you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Dasha A Member Since: Mar 27, 2017
78 of 116

Hello. In my profile there was such a message"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.". I can not write in support, because the page just does not respond and this problem has been for several days already. My financial transactions are limited, I would like to know the reason and resolve this problem in the near future. Thank you.

79 of 116

Hi Dasha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser to access this page. I tried replicating the issue you are having and wasn't able to. The button should appear at the bottom of the page:

Screenshot_11.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
80 of 116

I just got this as well and I have to give kudos to upworks for doing these to ensure our profiles are safe. the video agent was very nice and just wanted to see that I was myself Smiley Happy It's a pretty good idea. I can see how it could catch people off guard, I was when I saw it, but when I jumped on the phone it didn't take much to finish the process, just putting my camera and and them seeing it was me. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS