Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Verification

ryoungart
Ruth Y Member Since: Apr 18, 2017
1 of 4

Hi,

My account has been temporarily suspended for a while. I am aware the video call is to verify my profile and to make sure my account is not fraudulent, however I have social anxiety and have put off doing this for a long time simply because I am not comfortable talking over video chat. I am aware that this is very silly but it is something I am currently struggling with. I am just wondering if there is any other way I can verify my profile/prove my account isn't fraudulent? 

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Ruth,

I would first like to clarify that the actual video call lasts only a couple of minutes and you'll be speaking directly and only with our agent. I'll ask our team to follow up with you shortly and share more details directly.

Untitled
fayeamanda
Faye E Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
3 of 4

This  method of verification is wrong on so many levels.

How does seeing what someone looks like confirm their verification questions?

You have blocked my account unless I go on video... it's wrong.

BANKS don't even do this!!! It's surely a breach of some laws or rights?

Why should we be forced to go on a video to a total stranger who we don't trust or know in order for you to 'verify?'

Surely answering our verification questions answers this? But no, you wan't us on video.

Bizzare and unethical.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Faye,

I'm sorry you feel this way about our verification effort, whose goal is to make sure only legitimate freelancers are allowed to continue using Upwork, increasing the quality and the trust on our platform. Video calls are conducted by our dedicated team and last only a couple of minutes.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS