🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Video chat for ID confirmation
Page options
visualizer3d
Community Member

Video chat for ID confirmation

I do not have video capabilities.. never had any use for it. You now have my passport info so I do not understand why you need a video as well. I can provide additional Id if necessary. 

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Once you start Video verification you can ask the agent to provide you with alternatives if you don't have a webcam. Our team will be able to assist you from there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

Because there are a lot of people setting up fake accounts and/or buying accounts online so they are claiming to be people they are not.  This creates a lot of problems because these same accounts undercut the market or flood a client with bad proposals and sometimes the client's engage with them and either get poor work, no work, or just outright cheated.

Some people do not like doing it and that is understandable, but it is a barrier to entry for a reason even if they do not like it.  In your case, what I might suggest is you might see if you can borrow a neighbor or friend's laptop and use it's camera to do your video verification.  I would also bet you could use your local library system.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members