🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Video verification again
Page options
renewill
Community Member

Video verification again

Just received an email from upwork support claiming that they need me to do a video verification and on top of that they put a hold to my account.

I did this a few months ago, why are they doing this? It makes no sense.

I'm trying to explain to support that I have already performed them but it's like they are bots (please someone tell me if there is real human support??).

Has this happened to someone else?

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "why are they doing this?"
They are doing this in order to make Upwork more secure and enhance the user experience for clients.
re: "It makes no sense."

It makes sense to Upwork. If it doesn't make sense to you, that is okay. Upwork does not require that you agree with or understand their video verification policies.

re: "I'm trying to explain to support that I have already performed them but it's like they are bots"

How do you benefit from explaining to people the fact that you have already done certain steps in Upwork's verification procedures? They already know that.

re: "please someone tell me if there is real human support?"

Yes, there is.

re: "Has this happened to someone else?"

Yes. Lots of people. Most everybody just shrugs it off and doesn't worry about it.

The issue is that they put hold on my account, cannot shrug this off.

Also I don't think this is human support because they could tell me that I have to perform it again, not send the same standard message like a robot.

re: "The issue is that they put hold on my account, cannot shrug this off."

I don't mean that they ignore the request.

I mean that they simply go through the video verification process for a second time, and they don't try to analyze the request or explain to anybody why they shouldn't have to do so.

re: "Also I don't think this is human support because they could tell me that I have to perform it again..."

If a robot tells me to do video verification again, then I do video verification again.

I bow down to robot overlords for the sake of $$$.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 4.35.45 PM.png

Rene W wrote:

The issue is that they put hold on my account, cannot shrug this off.

Also I don't think this is human support because they could tell me that I have to perform it again, not send the same standard message like a robot.

You account is on hold without any reason?

Why wouldn't you (re)confirm your identity? It takes less than 60 seconds.
Plus, you get to talk to a real person, not a bot.

Because Upwork has no real security and privacy clause in place for those video chats.  ID Verification pictures should suffice.  If a person is doing work, then they obviously aren't a bot.  I've been on for about a week before I randomly job locked up for a security check.  Only because I mentioned I had a profile before and I was posting on support, here.

Dr Ian P wrote:

If a person is doing work, then they obviously aren't a bot.

Who says anything about "bots?"

"Bots" are not and never have been a concern as far as Upwork is concerned, not when it comes to ID verification... People who are not who, what and where they claim to be, people who are sharing accounts, people with duplicate accounts, people who have bought, leased, borrowed accounts and so on are the problem.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. I would like to confirm that you are referring to two different verification processes. The first verification that you completed was for the Identity Verified Badge, which required you to submit your ID, and do a short verification call. 

The verification that you are referring to is the Video Verification. As noted on the help article - "Until the call is completed, a temporary hold may be placed on your account. If a hold is placed, you will not be able to submit new proposals or change your profile photo. However, we will resume your account upon successful verification."

Once the verification is complete the limitation to your account will be lifted. 

~ Avery
Upwork
renewill
Community Member

Thanks, I understand and will perform the verification now.

best regards

5ab6fcda
Community Member

happened to me same. How did it went? Did they ask the same questions again?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jawad,

I checked this for you and can't locate any new verification requests on your account. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sascari
Community Member

Help Guys, I'm in the same boat. Asking for second video verification. But when I go to the account settings there is no link to start a video verification call?

Hi Stefano, 

I checked and can confirm that your verification was successful. The ID Badge should be now visible on your profile. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths