🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Views on Proposal
Page options
bbd6dd52
Community Member

Views on Proposal

Hi, is there any way to know when somebody view your proposal? Or when a client views it? It would be great to know or get notified that we freelancers are getting seen. I'm new here btw. 

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aedia, 

You may check your Proposals to see which of your proposals are being reviewed (Active), and archived (rejected) by clients. 

You may also want to check out your My Stats page, you can see where you stack up against the competition and what you need to work on.

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Aedia Clint M wrote:

Hi, is there any way to know when somebody view your proposal? Or when a client views it? It would be great to know or get notified that we freelancers are getting seen. I'm new here btw. 

To be honest, it doesn't actually help you to know if a client looked at your proposal. Unless a client actually contacts you back, whether they have read your proposal or not is pretty much irrelevant, as the outcome is the same: You've not been contacted to discuss the role. It's generally best not to dedicate much headspace to proposals you have sent, unless and until a client gets back to you. You won't ever hear back from most, so it can get discouraging to focus on the proposals you have sent.

Avery O wrote:

You may check your Proposals to see which of your proposals have been are being reviewed (Active), and archived (rejected) by clients. 

Archived and rejected (declined) in the client side are not the same. A freelancer can see if their proposal has been outright declined (because it moves to their archived tab), but not if the client archived it. When the client archived it (by clicking on the thumbs down icon, which moves it into the the client's "archived" folder), the proposal does NOT move to the freelancer's "archived" tab - it remains under active proposals on the freelancer's side.

Just because a proposal shows as active on the freelancers side doesn't mean that the client didn't archive it on their side, and it also doesn't mean the client even read the proposal. "Active" doesn't mean that it is being reviewed by the client. It merely means that the client has not declined it. Nothing else.

Petra is right.

It doesn't matter.

I have no desire to know if somebody viewed my proposal because that information is nothing but a distraction and doesn't help me.

Experienced freelancers advise newcomers: Submit a proposal and then forget about it.

mjlee25
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** No information is better than bad information.

Because this was years ago, and some functionality has changed. 

Her post was almost exactly one year ago. Has the functionality changed since then? I'm guessing it hasn't.

Hi Michael,

The proposals statuses freelancers are able to see on their end - Active (still may be considered by the client, even if the client archived it on their end for organization and sorting purposes - they can always undo that action) and Archived (declined or withdrawn) - are the same as they were when this thread started.

However, there have been some changes to the proposal process and to My Stats since the start of this thread. Feel free to check out this update about Performance Analytics in My Stats as well as other posts in the Product Updates section.

~ Nikola
Upwork
blair-pomahac
Community Member

So let me get this straight, there's no point in trying to find out if your proposals have been read by the prospective client? Submit and forget? That doesn't seem very helpful in understanding  how to improve your future proposals.

Is there any way to see the proposal as the client does?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members