azdesign84

Virus

I have been invited for an interview which has turned out to be a virus the word file they had attached which was the supposed "job details" had a virus in it luckily my laptop has anti virus software. I was wondering is there somewjere to report such things and how can I protect myself in the future?

The offer is now gone so I am too late to report it but I am sure upwork can view my history??

Thanks

Andrea

8 REPLIES 8
gajendradewra

seriously! ? 

I was believing until today that upwork scan each file before uploading!

no they don't.happened to me as well and it was a nasty little bugger to be contained. Never ever download anything-preview the file or scan before.

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the heads-up Andrea, I believe I located the job and have sent it to our team for further review.

Please note that you can contact Customer Support from your Help and Support page.

Untitled

Thank you 🙂

lomen_jan

On a serious note, how can a site that has numbers of bank detailing and similar info cannot scan uploaded files? 

stratosfear

I'm an old so I know to never open certain file types. No matter what or who they came from. It's just not worth it.

What's most frustrating to me is not knowing what file you're downloading on upwork. I recieved a notifacation from upwork warning me of a potential malware threat. In an xls file I downloaded from a client invite. I of course deleted it immediately once I saw the file type. So they're aware of this problem but are doing very little to combat it. 

Which file types don't you open?

I'll never open, .pub .xps .xls .doc .docx .docm vbs. rar. html. exe. zip. from an untrusted source.