🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Visibility of "Top rated" profiles
Page options
hullaba
Community Member

Visibility of "Top rated" profiles

Hi all!

Top Rated, 100% JSS, blah-blah-blah, but no invitations, and profile stats are close to zero.

Trying to find out again why my profile is in the middle of nowhere I explore the client's search filters. The "Job success" filter, to be specific.

Well, the "Top Rated" section is grayed out and it proposes paid subscription to reach "Top Rated" and "Rising Talent" freelancers.

Does it mean that Top Rated freelancers are not visible to clients with no paid subscription? 
Actually, I am totally fine to be discovered by them Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Liliia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Liliia C wrote:

Neutral speech doesn't mean "special". Sorry if it is news for adults.
I would not call people "peasants", everyone from time to time has different rates. Me as well, regularly, and I'm fine with it. So don't twist, please.

Ok, Сaps, thank you both for valuable inputs.

No problem whatsoever

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Liliia C wrote:

Does it mean that Top Rated freelancers are not visible to clients with no paid subscription? 

No, it obviously doesn't mean that.

It just means that clients can't filter specifically for ONLY top rated freelancers. But as top rated freelancers tend to be shown first anyway, it makes little to no fifference. 

Clients can also filter by 90% JSS or better, which also shows them mainly top rated freelancers

hullaba
Community Member

So clients without paid subscription see the list of Top Rated freelancers without an actual sign that these are Top Rated. To be honest that's weird. 

petra_r
Community Member

Liliia C wrote:

So clients without paid subscription see the list of Top Rated freelancers without an actual sign that these are Top Rated. To be honest that's weird. 

No, they do not. Nor did I say any such thing! How in the world did you jump to that bizzare comclusion?

I am not sure howw much clearer I can make it.... Clients see the freelancers a search brings up and they see their JSS and they see the top rated badge and everything.

They just can not run a search that brings up ONLY top rated freelancers (and nobody else). Clients with a paid membership can set a search that ONLY lists top rated freelancers. But the results of such a search wouldn't be much different to a search for only freelancers with a JSS of 90%, which is what clients with a free account can filter for. 

You went through all the trouble of creating a client account. All it would take would be to run a simple search and you'd see exactly what clients see. 

hullaba
Community Member

Thank you, Petra for spending your time on such an emotional response. Although I don’t understand why you think this is appropriate when talking to a person you don’t know. Hope this makes sense to you.

Back to the topic, I didn’t pay much attention to those tiny blue icons that supposed to be “Top Rated” :s. Sorry

Freelancers spent a lot of effort to gain “Top Rated” and I am not sure that this small blue thingie and mixing with everyone worth it, the outcome is quite mediocre. That’s all I mean, nothing personal.

A nice solution could be giving the possibility to explore “Top Rated” freelancers, but inviting them only via subscription.

Regarding the client’s search options, I understand how filters work, thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Liliia C wrote:

Regarding the client’s search options, I understand how filters work, thanks.

Clearly not. See:

Liliia C wrote:

"Does it mean that Top Rated freelancers are not visible to clients with no paid subscription? "

(or)

"So clients without paid subscription see the list of Top Rated freelancers without an actual sign that these are Top Rated."

hullaba
Community Member

Clearly you were elaborating info I didn't request)

florydev
Community Member

Liliia C wrote:

Thank you, Petra for spending your time on such an emotional response. Although I don’t understand why you think this is appropriate when talking to a person you don’t know. Hope this makes sense to you.

It's an open forum, that's why it is appropriate.  She wasn't aware of any particular status that makes talking to you special, nor am I.  There is only one Royal here on the forum.

Freelancers spent a lot of effort to gain “Top Rated” and I am not sure that this small blue thingie and mixing with everyone worth it, the outcome is quite mediocre. That’s all I mean, nothing personal.

The perks for being TR are listed here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated?flash_digest=aa9273f3358d0b4...

Nowhere does it say you won't be listed with the peasants.  But even if it did and not to minimize the work you put in to be Top Rated but there are a LOT of Top Rated freelancers.

hullaba
Community Member

I would not call people "peasants", everyone from time to time has different rates. Me as well, regularly, and I'm fine with it. So don't twist, please.

florydev
Community Member

Liliia C wrote:

No problem whatsoever

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members