🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Visibility on Job Post updates
Page options
abbate_alessia
Community Member

Visibility on Job Post updates

Hello, 

I would like to raise a suggestion regarding Job Posts on UpWork. Applicants are encouraged to tailor their application to the Client's needs and I totally share this point.

However, while as an applicant I submit my proposal, it can be even a whole month where there is no visibility on whether the Client has actually hired one of the applicants interviewed.

On many proposals I have submitted only one was "closed". This means that I may be applying for a job where I can see that 5 freelancers have been interviewed but maybe I don't know that one of them has been hired.

I would request to make sure that the Job vacancy is automatically closed as soon as one of the applicants is hired.

Please could you feedback on this matter?

Many thanks,

Best,

Alessia

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Alessia A wrote:

This means that I may be applying for a job where I can see that 5 freelancers have been interviewed but maybe I don't know that one of them has been hired.

I would request to make sure that the Job vacancy is automatically closed as soon as one of the applicants is hired.

Clients choose whether to close the job post or leave it open after they hired.  And you can see whether someone has been hired. It's when it says "Hired: 1" or "Hired: 2" or whatever under activity. If it does not say "Hires: X" then nobody has been hired (yet).

hired.png

Hello, thank you for replying.
So can I just confirm that in the hires amount relates only to the people
hired only for that specific job post?
Thank you,
Alessia

Alessia A wrote:

So can I just confirm that in the hires amount relates only to the people
hired only for that specific job post?

Yes. That is why it says "Activity on this job

Ok perfect, thank you for clarifying.
Best,
Alessia
kam_andru
Community Member

Hi Alessia,

From my perspective, I completely support your suggestion, but before I apply for any job, the first thing I do is scroll down to see the number of applicants, interviewing or not, Hired or not. Mostly I go for less than 5 applicants, and if it is a super cool job, I will apply even if 10-20  applied.

I have more than 20 pending proposals now, on weekly basis I click on each job to see whether the client hired someone or not, and remove the hired proposals.

For clients, there are options to close a job once they hired someone, even if they don't hire still they can remove the job that will show us 'the job is no longer available', and also there is an option for them to send a reply to freelancers like us saying 'your proposal is Declined due to ......'. I have received a declined reply from a client like this, that made me really happy, because this way I know the job is closed and because of...., I really appreciate that kind of client, I wish Upwork forces all clients to do the same.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members