🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Visibility
Page options
ofureo
Community Member

Visibility

I want my profile to be visible to clients that search Upwork for freelancers in my niche.

What can I do so that my profile will appear within the first 3 pages of search results? Is it only top rated freelancers that can appear on these pages? Please kindly tell me what I can do to improve my chances. Thank you very much.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ofure O wrote:
What can I do so that my profile will appear within the first 3 pages of search results?

There are tens and tens of thousands of freelancers in your category. There are ten freelancers per search result page. So ANYONE's chance of appearing on the first 3 pages are slim.

Upwork rotate the search results to make it fairer, but better profiles with better metrics do appear on the first few pages more often.

The only thing you can do to improve your chances of appearing higher in search results is to complete contracts with excellent outcomes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Ofure O wrote:
What can I do so that my profile will appear within the first 3 pages of search results?

There are tens and tens of thousands of freelancers in your category. There are ten freelancers per search result page. So ANYONE's chance of appearing on the first 3 pages are slim.

Upwork rotate the search results to make it fairer, but better profiles with better metrics do appear on the first few pages more often.

The only thing you can do to improve your chances of appearing higher in search results is to complete contracts with excellent outcomes.

tlbp
Community Member

There's a rotation system. But, you could look at the top rankers at any given time and see if you can pick up any tips or tricks from what they are doing. 

bilal1983
Community Member

Hi Ofure,

I am in my fifth contract, and have not yet received a badge nor have I qualified for JSS.

Nevertheless, I rank 3rd on the first page of search results when searching for a specific job title.

There could be so many things that play a role, and you should go through the posts here in the community and read the guides that ara available.

Rest assured, that the Upwork algorithm gives both new and old, top-rated and unrated freelancers a chance to be featured on the first page, given that you are doing certain things right.

Hope that helps.

Bilal M wrote:

Hi Ofure,

I am in my fifth contract, and have not yet received a badge nor have I qualified for JSS.

You do know that you keep responding to months old posts, right?

Yes, they might be old, but I am only reading them now 🙂

And there are so many of these posts that I would like more feedback on, based on the topics. Thankfully, I dont post in many of them and choose to post in selected ones.

There are so many questions that come to mind and I dont often get a satisfactory answer in the posts. So, if I am able to get a conversation going again on an old post and especially get a community guru to respond, why not? 😉 It helps me get more insight... and something to keep me busy in between work and sending proposals...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members