🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Voice and Video chat are not functioning.
Page options
Community Member

Voice and Video chat are not functioning.

Is there any bug tracking/eporting option on Upwork?
I have just tried to talk with a client over Upwork Voice/Video chat, but it has failed. The vocie and video were not functioning. My browser had appropriate configuration, the chat window had appropriate access over my webcam and audio device.
The window was showing "We could not access your video, so the chat was audio only" - something like that, but voice was not working.
We had to go over Skype to talk.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Mizan M wrote:

Is there any bug tracking/eporting option on Upwork?
I have just tried to talk with a client over Upwork Voice/Video chat, but it has failed.

I have never managed to make it work (3 or 4 tries) and refuse to try again because it is embarrassing.

Community Member

My previous interview over Upwork chat worked just fine on the first attempt, but not this time.

dzadza
Community Member

as far as I know - they never did...just use skype 😉

I have had many failed attempts with the tool, when clients have suggested using it, and I have tried to do so.

I have reported this experience MANY times in the Forum when people have asked about the tool. I have said: Use something else.

HOWEVER: Last week a client hired me for a consultation, and as soon as he sent the Hire button, before I could ask him about how he wanted to talk to me, he activated the Upwork Video chat tool, and it worked fine.

I was shocked.

I am NOT here to tell anyone that this tool is "ready for prime time."

But last week a client and I used it for video, audio, and screen-sharing, all very succesfully.

Preston H wrote:

I have had many failed attempts with the tool, when clients have suggested using it, and I have tried to do so.

I have reported this experience MANY times in the Forum when people have asked about the tool. I have said: Use something else.

HOWEVER: Last week a client hired me for a consultation, and as soon as he sent the Hire button, before I could ask him about how he wanted to talk to me, he activated the Upwork Video chat tool, and it worked fine.

I was shocked.

I am NOT here to tell anyone that this tool is "ready for prime time."

But last week a client and I used it for video, audio, and screen-sharing, all very succesfully.

Was it a full moon on the 42nd of Juvember?

keybarbara
Community Member

Just had a similar experience where we could not get the audio to function in Upwork chat. Video was choppier than usual, but at least it worked. I could hear my client, but he couldn't hear me. We've been using the chat function for the last few weeks with zero issues. No idea why it failed today, but it looks like something must be wrong since several others have had this issue in the last couple of days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths