cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-8BEN Form

anamariacuesta
Community Guru

Hi,

I was requested to fill this form. How can I do it? My information was filled. When I go to tax information it says to contact customer support to change it. But no data needs to be changed. What should I do? 

11 REPLIES 11
afifield
Community Guru

It is saying the same on mine and I already have that information setup. Is this just a general message to all freelancers or perhaps showing in error?

Hi Amanda,

Where are you guys seeing this notification?

EDIT: I see it now, yes that is displayed for everyone.

-Lena

Untitled

Oh ok. It is under My jobs. I guess its just to make sure everyone has it done even if someone  already did so. 

lenaellis

Hi Maria,

It appears you've already added the necessary information for the W-8BEN, your legal name and address. If you were requested by Upwork to submit further information, I would suggest you reach out to Customer Support to see what information you're missing.

-Lena

Untitled

See message above.  

iaabraham
Community Guru

I have a similar message but my info was filled out last year. What exactly does Upwork need this info for? Just for its records?

I really don't want to go to CS unless it's a last resort - these days, one usually ends up with more headaches after contacting them. I prefer the moderators here.

Hi Isabelle,

If you've already filled out the information in the past I don't think you need to take any action. We are following up with the team to find out more information about why this message was put up. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

-Lena

Untitled

This message usually only appears when freelancers have not yet completed theirs, and when withdrawals are disabled because of that.

Seems right now everyone has it, but withdrawals work fine.

So I guess it popped up everywhere by accident 😉

W9.jpg

Yeah, I'm confused about this too.

I can withdraw with no problem, but I keep seeing the warning message. I think I have all the info, or at least I remember filling my address a looong time ago. 

Tried to contact CS about this but found out that sadly, there's no more CS.

Julian, that seems to be a bug, everyone seems to have it.

I would ignore it and see if it goes away by tomorrow

Regards,

Petra

Thanks Petra!

Yes, this is a bug and if you've already submitted the information in the past, you can ignore the message. The team is working to remove this message from inapplicable users. 

-Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS