🐈 Community





Three Questions:


All I did fro W-8BEN was to enter my company name lol. And now it says that accont is ready for disimbursments?

i. Is this, hmm, all needed.


I have a VAT number from the past but I am no longer VAT registered:

ii. Do I need to enter my no longer active VAT number

iii. If I don't enter it do I loose money?


Thanks in advance and happy hunting as they say ehm Smiley Happy



Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,


You'll have access to your Upwork earnings as long as you complete W-8BEN form and you can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 


Once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings.


It's optional. Upwork won't charge VAT to anyone who has provided a validated VAT number but will charge VAT on the services to freelancers and agencies within the EU unless they provide a valid VAT number. You can find more information here. You'll need to consult a local tax advisor regarding any charges that might apply to the services you provide to your clients.


Thank you!

~ Bojan

Hi Bojan

Yes but thats the thing I’m not getting : there is no Form: all I did was enter my legal company name and then it says I’m done?


You're good to go, Thomas. That's all that's required of you under the Tax information. 


Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29