🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certifi...
Page options
ed70a44c
Community Member

W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certification.

Hello, I would be very grateful if you could help me.. I filled in all the information shown and sent it to the e-mail address shown. it says completed but still warning why?

7 REPLIES 7
nisarqaisar
Community Member

Hi there, 
I also have the same issue even though I filled out the form and updated it. I can see the Tax identification section showing "completed" but I can still see the notification message. Please help

ArjayM

Hi Elnur and Qaisar,

I can also see that both of your Tax Information under the W-8BEN section has been filled out completely. Please note that completing these forms is required to prove you are not a U.S. citizen and do not need to pay U.S. income taxes. Without this proof, the IRS requires that we withhold 30% of your future earnings to pay for income taxes. As long as a new W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E form is filled out completely, we’re not required to withhold at this rate. You're all set to process a payment as long as you have a valid Payment Method.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ed70a44c
Community Member

Thank you for your answer. So when will this warning be lifted?

adi_6294
Community Member

Hey Arjay,

I filled information but upwork is asking me for the tax number which i dont have as i am residing in UAE which doesnot have any tax. Please advice on how to complete it and avoid future warnings.

Thanks

Hi M. Adeel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ed70a44c
Community Member

why is there this warning?

Hi Elnur,

For more information about the W-8BEN section of your profile, please check out this help article and the information that Arjay shared in this thread. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths